What's new

SWISSCO Toothbrush

Kind of in line with my question about Marvis toothpaste, does anyone use these brushes? I notice a lack of an ADA seal on them..I just wonder if these are actually good for you anymore. I think about the fact that we have made leaps and bounds in technological innovations with regards to oral hygiene, is using one of these brushes actually a good move?

I notice they talk about the synthetic bristles scraping the enamel away..How come my dentist doesn't talk about this?

thanks for any info..:confused:

I used one for quite some time really enjoyed the feeling it gave me on my gums and how smooth my teeth felt. The down side for me was the fact that there is only one size head and it was way to big. I was unable to get the back teeth real clean.

Scotto said:
There is only one word in toothbrushes: Sonicare.

Sonicare is the Aston Martin of toothbrushes but you know what made me put mine away and collect dust?.......Some cheapo crest that my dentist gave me......very small head and soft bristles, my teeth are incredibly clean.

My dentist discourages Sonicare toothbrushes on the basis that they are too tough on the gums and require too much caution when using them. He recommends Braun.

Hello Justso,

I tried a badger hair toothbrush for a while. I like soft brushes so this one felt nice. Head was not too big for me. But is hard to clean and rinse these bristles and the toothpaste tends to collect at the bristle ends. Even a borax soak couldn't clean it adequately.

A simple, soft bristle Crest brush will suffice for me.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Justso said:
My dentist discourages Sonicare toothbrushes on the basis that they are too tough on the gums and require too much caution when using them. He recommends Braun.
Wimp :a20:

The first one I bought had to be sent back because it would lose a couple hairs every time I brushed.....talk about gaging. But mine never gave me problems with keeping it clean, just use hot water to rinse it and use your fingertips. Go ahead and buy one, its a cheap purchase. If you dont like it you can always clean the faucets with it.

Scotto said:
There is only one word in toothbrushes: Sonicare.
While Sonicare makes a fine product, I prefer Braun's Oral-B ProfessionalCare series.

Last year, when I asked a dentist I know (and he's a really great dentist, with several other dentists for patients) which toothbrush he recommended, he told me, "I can refer you to several reports, studies, and findings, indicating that the Oral-B is best. And about the same number backing the Sonicare. Each brush has its own specific strengths and weaknesses, some real - at least for some people - and some purely theoretical, but overall, either is a fine choice so long as you use it properly. Oh, and whichever you get, don't stop flossing."

Would that my financial advisor could give me such straight forward answers.

Top Bottom