What's new

Indulgence of the Night - July 2010

Last night was a ABerlour 16, Elijah Craig 12, Glenmorangie 10, Glen Garioch 5, Ballantines 12 (w/ club soda). Note: I generally use 3/4 ounce as a pour, not a full shot....

Oban 14 year and a great cigar - La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, chisel tip. 6 X 54 I believe are the numbers.

ahhhhhh

I'm not going to the office this week, so Sunday evening was pretty relaxed. A bike ride, an early barbecue with a couple of bottles of Schneider Weisse Tap 7 and then a bottle of Primo Estate Il Briccone. Perfect summer-time stuff!

Patron Anejo, sipped cold and straight. There's something about the summer that makes me turn to the liquid agave elixir.

Tonight I'm in the lab, learning the ways of the Old Fashioned. Got some Maker's Mark and some Old Overholt for the base, sugar cubes, both orange and lemon, club soda and a well-loved bottle of Angostura bitters.

My first mix tastes like Bourbon and water, despite a heavy three dashes of bitters and small slice of orange in the muddling; that said, it's not a bad flavor!

In the name of science,

I enjoyed a few good drams over the weekend (it was my birthday). Most notable were the new Maker's 46, Parker's Heritage 27 Year Old, and Highland Park 30 Year Old. It was a damn good weekend.

2005 Merus Cab :001_tt1: and Sebastiani Cherry Block (Magnum, 1999) :w00t:

Although I am only a teacher/coach and would never afford this stuff on own, it's nice to have ex-players that are now Napa winery managers and still love me :thumbup1:

By the way, both bottles are AMAZING, some of the best I have ever had.

Top Bottom