What's new

Broke my Old Spice Mug today

Had a freak accident this morning and my Old Spice mug (dating from the 1970's or 1980's --- def not a rare one) that I have had and used since 1992, fell off the shelf this morning and broke in my sink. Odd thing is that I don't recall touching it at all, it just fell. Oh well, off to Dollar General later to find a replacement.

I remember when I broke an old mug I had years ago. I accidentally knocked it off the sink counter and it smashed to pieces. Really frustrating too, as it was a favourite of mine. It seems your taking your loss better than I did.

If you're not opposed to a bowl...try a VDH bowl. I dropped mine when going to wipe some water off it and I swear it bounced off the floor...no damage at all.

Of course, I'm more careful now, I don't expect that luck to happen twice, but it did impress me.

Nooooooooo!!! The Humanity!:scared::crying:

sorry, but you brought it up....

proxy.php

On man, sorry to hear it.
Is the break really bad? I can't imagine a mug for shaving needing to be completely watertight, maybe some careful use of superglue would set it straight? :(

Had a freak accident this morning and my Old Spice mug (dating from the 1970's or 1980's --- def not a rare one) that I have had and used since 1992, fell off the shelf this morning and broke in my sink. Odd thing is that I don't recall touching it at all, it just fell. Oh well, off to Dollar General later to find a replacement.

I've never seen OS mugs at my Dollar General...:blink:That's it! I'm filing a formal complaint with corporate about this one!:biggrin1::lol:

Bummer! I really like my OS mug; plenty wide enough to work with.
Maybe you are ready for one of the Marvy rubber mugs?

Bummer. Just wondering if you had just finished using it? It may have been floating on a thin layer of water and slowly slid off the shelf.

Oddly enough, I didn't use it at all today. I used VDH which I keep in a coffee mug that I converted for shaving. It was sitting on a wooden shelf right about my sink. I had just put my brush in it's holder after cleaning it post shave when the mug came crashing down. I used it as a lathering bowl for my creams and Tabac. I'd be more distraught if I hadn't gotten it for free 18 years ago, or if one of my razors got damaged.

well, just keep looking at antique stores and flea markets, they frequently turn up...in fact, I just got a lead yesterday on at least one

well, just keep looking at antique stores and flea markets, they frequently turn up...in fact, I just got a lead yesterday on at least one

+1

I have bought them for as little as $2-$3 at some local antique, and junk shops. I think I now have like 4 or 5 Old Spice Mugs. :tongue_sm

Sorry to hear about your broken mug. I wouldn't have been happy if I'd broken any of mine. They're not so easy to come by these days. To have one for almost 20 years and then break it is just bad karma.

I do hope that you find a replacement for it as a Shave den is somewhat incomplete without the obligatory OS mug.

I just passed on an old OS mug and a TABAC puck to my old man not a couple of days ago. He was pleased as punch to receive it as he has just gotten back into wetshaving too.

Top Bottom