What's new

Gillette p2 and Feathers first shave

I've been working myself up to using my granddad's old razor for nearly a year. I joined B&B this past April knowing this day would come so I prepared.

Got the deal on the Bigelow/Proraso cream at Bath and Body Works last weekend and my sampler pack of blades from Westcoast shaving just got in ,too.

I had to put my dog to sleep on Monday so I was kinda bummed all day. Tuesday was the decision day. I dialed the Gillette P2 to 5 and dropped in the Feather's blade. Got the tube key from Sally's and squeezed up my first bit of the cream. Lathered up my face and first WTG, second XTG, and third ATG. Followed up with Bloc Alum and Nivea Sensitive AS BAlm. Later mixed Tabac EDT and Lilac Vegetal (denatured). Dusted it all off with TOBS talc.

Still miss my dog, but I got one helluva shave. Next time I'll probably try it at 3 though.

Glad the shave went well, losing your dog takes a long time to adjust to, mine went 18 months ago and still can't get used to it.

Thanks for the condolences. Folks on this board are truly top notch.

The 3 setting shave went well, but not nearly as close as 5. Gonna change blades next and keep it on 3. DE shaving isn't nearly what I imagined it would be and grandpa shaved with this razor until he passed at 97. So I'm sure its got plenty of good shaves left in it.

None of the items mentioned in my first post existed for me until after I joined B&B. I barely had a radar fix on what I needed to put the old P2 back into action.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom