What's new

G'Day Folks!

Firstly, congratulations to everyone involved in this site. It's a beaut.
I've been wet shaving for years with a gel and schick FX twin blade, but am new to DE. I found a thread on whirlpool forums that got into DE shaving, and I instantly recognized an obsession I could get my teeth into.

I've got a bit of gear together. Men-u Synthetic brush, blade sampler, Men-u shave cream, Cade shave soap, Cade shave oil, Cade AS balm, Vitaman AS balm, Natio gel( for those rush jobs). I have e-Shave almond shave cream and e-shave white tea AS balm in the post, and an EJ DE89L on its way from TESS.
At the moment I'm using a Weishi with Astra blade. I can see how the Weishi might be good for someone new to wetshaving altogether, but its so mild!! I started with Mercur blades and was thoroughly underwhelmed, so I switched to Astra...much better, but I've made the mistake of chasing all those elusive whiskers like the ones under the jawline etc. and ended up with a bit of razor burn tonoght.
I'm hoping the 89L is a little more aggressive, but even so, I'm going to slow down on my expectations for a while. Do you think I should throw in a tamer blade when I get the 89L, to start with?
It also looks like I may end up with another brush for soaps....the synthetic is great with creams, not convinced about soaps yet. But I do like a bit of scratch in my brush...have an old boar brush which feels good on the face.
Anyhow, I'm feeling like I may have a case of Chivas induced rambling going on here so I'll sign out for now. See ya, Rob.

Hey Rob - welcome to B&B "where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking and all the children are above average." )

Thanks for the welcome.
Luc, I've been lurking in the Aussie group for a few days now. Really glad there is an Aussie group.
My DE89L and eShave products arrived this morning..yipee!..so I'll be rubbing manure in my face to get in as many shaves as possible..heh heh

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thanks for the welcome.
Luc, I've been lurking in the Aussie group for a few days now. Really glad there is an Aussie group.
My DE89L and eShave products arrived this morning..yipee!..so I'll be rubbing manure in my face to get in as many shaves as possible..heh heh

Happy to help, consult the tutorials and practice by doing a few bowls before your next shave!

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Lathers

welcome mate. read up, there's plenty of good stuff here. I reckon you're good to go with your EJ89 & Astra blade. they should compliment each other nicely.

Top Bottom