What's new

Need some Gillette identification help

After two weeks at the beach and rummaging through a couple antique malls, I came across my first find at one of these things. The other, rather scarce razors seemed to be priced appropriately, as the owners seemed to know what they had.

I'd like some help identifying my find and perhaps some takes at its approximate worth. There is some very mild brassing under the head, but nothing that would affect the performance. My cleaning was able to remove a spot of sticky substance on the top of the razor, likely from the price sticker. Overall, I think the razor is in pretty good condition and looks like it would deliver a good shave (that part is yet to come for me)!

Thanks in advance!

yep thats a fat handled tech no date code so its pre 51 (i think??). Yeh not a huge value on this one in terms of resale but as far as good shavers go its very tough to beat - youll know what i mean after you have a shave :thumbup:

Wow this thing shaves like a pro!!!! Very happy with the performance. It seems to have a wider gap between the blade and the bar than my 40s style SS.

Looks like an adjustable is in my future HAHA!

These are great shavers; the newer techs are almost too mild, whereas the older "triangle port" techs (specifically these fat-handled ones) are superb. I actually have the Psycho variant (with key!).

Top Bottom