What's new

Recommend me some SCS A/S

Been wanting to try the SCS aftershaves for awhile, and with the 4th of july special offering coming up I'm thinking now is the time to buy. I'm looking for recommendations for people who've tried the products. I don't have a lot of Aftershaves, but my favorite I have is the GFT sandlewood skin food. I also love me some aqua velva. I don't have a sensitive face at all and like both splashes and balms/milks.

Specifically I would like to hear opinions on the Avocado Oil Aftershave Balm, Bay Rum with A Twist Aftershave Milk, citrus splash, sandlewood splash and sandlewood cream, Oakmoss Lavendula Aftershave Cream, and the Neroli aftershave milk or neroli blend.

Thanks!

The Avocado Oil balm is excellent with just a hint of menthol. Like TOBS Avocado, it doesn't smell of avocado- the balm is lightly fragranced so it will not interfere with your choice of EDTs.

Her new Sandalwood AS and AS cream as nice. They match her EDT offering and it isn't your typical sweet sandalwood. SCS produced their own sandalwood oil and it is lovely. The darker notes of sandalwood are dominant. FYI, the cream is strongly scented so you should plan on layering with a sandalwood EDT.

The O&L is another great balm. I really enjoy the scent of the EDT and the balm mimics it so all is good.

In the end, whether you go with SCS splashes, milks, balms or creams you should go with fragrances you like because they all perform quite well, IMHO.

The sale is great time to check SCS out.

I think you'll find that Bay Rum with a Twist has an overwhelmingly positive response on this board (with good reason IMO). I think it should be renamed A Twist with Bay Rum though, as the lime comes off as the dominant scent with just enough spice to remind you that it's in there. I really like the sandalwood splash but SWMBO prefers the Bay Rum with a Twist. Any excuse to buy more is good enough for me!

I like the Avocado & Bay Rum with a Twist very much; I never got into the Oak Moss Lavendula so I can't recommend that.

I like the Aspect AS milk VERY much - and the Shaving Soap as well. I would recommend that highly - it's refreshing and unlike anything else I've tried from anywhere - it's not floral at all. Sue describes it thus:

'Aspect' is a fresh, green, masculine scent blend of citrus, bergamot, clove, coriander, nutmeg, and woods.​

I don't get a lot of citrus. It is, however, wonderful! (Just writing about it makes me want to shave again today.)

A lot of folks like their Avacado Oil stuff, and I would recommend trying it just to see if it works for you, but it did leave my face really oily an I don't enjoy the texture of my skin when I use it.

I would however ardently recommend the Sahara aftershave balm. While it is billed as being for men with dry or sensitive skin, it is one of my favorite balms by a mile, and I have neither dry or sensitive skin. Unlike the Avacado Oil, I never felt like it left me feeling greasy or tacky.

Lastly, if you are a fan of lavender, the Lavender AS splash was excellent. I hate lavender in general, but the splash worked so well that it was the first sample I had used all the way up. It has a great little cooling sensation and worked wonder on the skin.

Thanks for the replies. I think right now I'm leaning towards the bam rum with a twist milk, Mediterranean citrus splash, Oakmoss Lavendula Aftershave Cream and need to decide on the last one. If the neroli milk is offered as part of the deal, I think I will go with that. If not it looks like the avocado oil

Avocado ASM is great, subtle scent, very nice on the skin, I like it after Proraso splash, or Adidas Dynamic Pulse.
The Mediteranean Citrus splash is excellent, has skin goodies, nice smell, I follow it with Trumper's Lime Skin Food.
Nobody mentioned Nutriment! Perhaps my fave of the ones I've tried...smells good enough to eat. Mainly lime scent, hint of spices, moisturizes but not greasy. Tried this after Ivy Spice AS (cheap Old Spice clone) today.....it's a great combo!
I just LOVE SCS....well thought out products, great service, reasonable prices, made in USA, fast shipping, generous samples......which reminds me = don't forget, you can get samples of most of the AS/ASM products, for a reasonable price, and they are good sized too.

Sandalwood, Savory Rose and Oakmoss Lavandula are all ones that I like. The Bugarian Rose is also extremely nice, but I don't think it's on sale.

I really like the Sandalwood and Savory Rose, and I didn't think I would like rose-scented anything. I only bought it to make my wife happy. Instead I discover that I like it, and the wife loves it.

I really like the Sandalwood and Savory Rose, and I didn't think I would like rose-scented anything. I only bought it to make my wife happy. Instead I discover that I like it, and the wife loves it.

Hehe, my wife loves the Savory Rose, Bulgarian Rose and Lavender edts. She even has her own bottles of Bulgarian Rose and Lavender. It has not yet been determined who will get the back-up bottle of Lavender in the cabinet.

I just ordered the Aspect, Bay Rum with a Twist, Mediterranean Citrus splash and Lavender splash. I've never tried a SCS product but I've been looking into them for awhile, and I'm starting to get ASAD. Let's hope I like them :thumbup1:

I just ordered the Aspect, Bay Rum with a Twist, Mediterranean Citrus splash and Lavender splash. I've never tried a SCS product but I've been looking into them for awhile, and I'm starting to get ASAD. Let's hope I like them :thumbup1:

Well done. The Lavender splash is niiice.

Top Bottom