What's new

C & E (Edwin Jagger) Travel Brush

Well, due to the fact that I left my Vulfix 2234 brush at a hotel the other day, and it magically dissappearing, I bought a travel brush from C & E in a pinch. So, $35 + tax later, the cost to quality ratio doesn't hold up to the Vulfix.

I am sure the Vulfix Turnback Super Badger would be a better option for me, and that there are some others that would be just as good.

Just my opinion, but I was a bit disappointed by the Edwin Jagger (C & E) brush.

As usual, YMMV,

Robert

FYI, I ordered a Shavemac 177 to replace my Vulfix daily driver. Greatly looking forward to receiving it.

Hello Robert,
Would you care to tell us what differences you found in the $35 brush and tube that made you feel it was less of a brush than a $60 brush? Was it the knot size? grade of hair? Hilt size?:confused:

Admittedly, fair questions.

The knot size is significantly smaller, the grade of hair is indeed significantly lower. It's very scratchy and stiff. The handle is small and hard hold onto with my big fingers.

I guess I was just soooo disappointed that someone walked off with my old brush, and then grabbed this one, that I was a little harsh in my review. But it really was disappointing.

To be fair, I am editing my previous post.

Thanks,

R.

Whereas I bought this little fellow (C&E pure badger travel brush in tube) and love it. I got it week before last to a) stave off B&B brush induced longing and b) getting my travel rig in order for an upcoming trip.

It fits into my lineup below a Vulfix #375 in super and a Vision silvertip (ie it came in the Vision 3 piece set) and of course my 2 B&B's in silver and finest when they arrive. I'd just assumed that I'd only be happy with super badger and above. However if you use a really light pressure on your face, you get a nice sensation. I tried it with cream, soap and sticks and it passes with flying colours - I can't wait to try it out 'on tour'.

Now there's a hole in my lineup at the best badger level. Will have to think of something to fill the gap - maybe Simpsons...

I've used the C&E now several times on trips and i love it. It has made me wonder whether the super sized knots are overkill. Now I lather on my face as opposed to in a mug-tough to do on a trip-so I suppose that factors into it. I can say safely that the experience is excellent and i highly recommend this little brush.

I've used the C&E now several times on trips and i love it. It has made me wonder whether the super sized knots are overkill. Now I lather on my face as opposed to in a mug-tough to do on a trip-so I suppose that factors into it. I can say safely that the experience is excellent and i highly recommend this little brush.

I use a B&B Finest in horn and Vulvis 377 at home.

This was my only brush for a while. The shortness of the handle was my only complaint, but hey, it is a travel brush. Now I have brushes with a proper length of handle for everyday use.

I am looking forward to taking it on the road so I can give it a test in its natural environment.

I must be one of the few who enjoys a hearty yet mild skritching from a pure badger brush, and this one does not disappoint. I also have softer brushes which I enjoy, but sometimes you need that skritch to wake you up in the morning.

Top Bottom