What's new

Barbasol "Close Shave America" Commercial, with DE Use

Well look at that. The good people at Barbasol know that you can't get closer shave than a good DE. I mean he has to look his best for his wife right?

Well look at that. The good people at Barbasol know that you can't get closer shave than a good DE. I mean he has to look his best for his wife right?

Well that is one take on it. My take on it, is that it is the easiest solution to not promoting a Schick, or Gillette product in your commercial. :lol::lol:

Any guesses on what the razor actually is? To me it looks a lot like an Edwin Jagger DE89L.

Well that is one take on it. My take on it, is that it is the easiest solution to not promoting a Schick, or Gillette product in your commercial. :lol::lol:

Any guesses on what the razor actually is? To me it looks a lot like an Edwin Jagger DE89L.

I'm sure it's just me but I think it would odd if they had a modern cartridge for some reason. Perhaps it's decades of exposure to cartridge commercials. In any event, if they stuck a cartridge razor in the advert, it would be more like a razor commercial than a shaving cream one.

The man shaves with a DE razor, so obviously the faceturbation early in the video is a hatred for the beard he is growing. Like most of us obsessed with shaving, despite a hot wife waiting for him, with some yummy pancakes, he has to shave first!! While his pancakes get cold. :lol::lol:

This comment on the video was the best:

Sexy woman - check
Romantic candlelit bedroom - check
Red rose - check
Cute pajamas - check
Stack of pancakes - check??

I hope the commercial is meant to be deliberately humorous. He drives truck for Barbasol, so his wife's gift to him is a can of Barbasol?? Huh?? :huh::huh: Gee, thanks honey, I will just add this can to the 10 cases the company gives me for FREE. Your $1 gift is so thoughtful....

Plus, the implication is, don't even think about being intimate with me until you shave that ugly scruffiness of your face!! :lol::lol:

The pancakes seem really out of place too. After driving all week out on the road, you would think a manly man would want a traditional American breakfast of Eggs, Bacon, Hash-browns, and Toast!! Pancakes?? Seriously??

The pancakes seem really out of place too. After driving all week out on the road, you would think a manly man would want a traditional American breakfast of Eggs, Bacon, Hash-browns, and Toast!! Pancakes?? Seriously??

I assumed it was at night when he got home and was expecting a nice steak dinner waiting for him.

I assumed it was at night when he got home and was expecting a nice steak dinner waiting for him.

I re-watched, and it is clearly dark outside. So yeah, the pancakes are really really out of place. :laugh::laugh::lol::lol:

Unless of course, he got home in the wee hours of the morning which would explain his SO being in pajamas, and then the pancakes don't seem so out of place....except who has a candle lite pancake breakfast?? :001_rolle:001_rolle

Last edited:
I hope the commercial is meant to be deliberately humorous. He drives truck for Barbasol, so his wife's gift to him is a can of Barbasol?? Huh?? :huh::huh: Gee, thanks honey, I will just add this can to the 10 cases the company gives me for FREE. Your $1 gift is so thoughtful....

Plus, the implication is, don't even think about being intimate with me until you shave that ugly scruffiness of your face!! :lol::lol:

you're missing the point though. his wife is hot. plus the can could have a double meaning. the first being go shave before coming upstairs and the second meaning is "hey guess what i shaved while you were gone?!?"

anyway his wife is hot. i wouldn't complain.

All I know is that this advert has left me with an annoying tune rolling around inside my head.

Off on a slight tangent. Is there any mileage with any of these modern canned goos or gels? I have honestly never tried them I have been using a brush and soap since I was 16. I had to wait till I was 36 to try real shaving.

Only time I used Barbasol was as a youth during Halloween mischief night..it was the cheapest shaving cream.....

Every time I watch this commercial, I realize more and more how ridiculous it is,,like a SNL parody or something.....

you're missing the point though. his wife is hot. plus the can could have a double meaning. the first being go shave before coming upstairs and the second meaning is "hey guess what i shaved while you were gone?!?"

anyway his wife is hot. i wouldn't complain.

:lol::lol: Wow I totally missed the second possible meaning of the can. You are so right.:thumbup::thumbup:

As a real cheapskate, I have used Barbasol many times. It is pretty good stuff, for coming out of an aerosol can. It's cheap, too. I don't have any in the house, but it is not a bad idea.

The commercial is less silly than some. I like the DE in there associated with "getting close". It's okay.

you mean you guys don't eat a stack of pancakes with sugary syrup right before you go to sleep?

and here I was thinking that you guys like to pamper yourselves:laugh:

Top Bottom