What's new

British Gillette Tech info

Can anyone give me a model number or approximate date on this set? I think it's mis-matched and should have had a ball end tech in the case but want to double check.

proxy.php

The case looks a bit like the 1940's bakelite tech case... Razor is a 1940ish fat handle so maybe these came in these cases too??

Looking back on this, the handle on mine looks like the one in the No. 44 set in that advert, not the No. 77 set in the advert. The handle on mine has 2 different knurling patterns on it, but the one shown in the No. 77 set doesn't. The handle in the No. 77 set has the same knurling the full length of the handle according to the advert.

Looking back on this, the handle on mine looks like the one in the No. 44 set in that advert, not the No. 77 set in the advert. The handle on mine has 2 different knurling patterns on it, but the one shown in the No. 77 set doesn't. The handle in the No. 77 set has the same knurling the full length of the handle according to the advert.

Now you mention this I never noticed that knurling all over the length of the handle. Never seen one.

Even more interesting is that the #77 set which I commonly associate with a Brit NEW 2 piece, now contains a Brit tech.

Marketing geniuses!

-jim

Top Bottom