What's new

I'm holding all of you responsible.

No more than 4 months after finding B&B, I've spent almost $500 on shaving stuff. :shocked: How did this happen? I switched from Mach3 to SAVE MONEY. :blink: This is insanity!

I'm blaming y'all for it. YOUR fault. :letterk2:

But you joined the forum, so by blaming us, you are also blaming yourself.

It's ok. We are here to help. Help spend money, help you decide on the next razor, the next brush, the next soap, the next aftershave... It goes on.

It tapers off. Really.

For instance, after acquiring:

A Semogue 830 boar brush
A Rooney 1/1
A Kent BK4
A Custom Amboyna Burl Silvertip from eliterazor.com
A Tweezerman (for custom paintjob experimentation)

I'm done with brushes. Completely. And I'm almost done with razors. I only want 4 more, and I know exactly which ones they are.

remember, we are wet shavers because we like to save money

and because we are wet shavers, we deserve to indulge,

works for me,
ken

proxy.php

Rick: How can you close Badger and Blade? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find the rampant ADs going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of razors]
Croupier: Your Ebay score, sir.
Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.
[aloud]
Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!

No more than 4 months after finding B&B, I've spent almost $500 on shaving stuff. :shocked: How did this happen? I switched from Mach3 to SAVE MONEY. :blink: This is insanity!

save money are you insane ??..This is a collectors dream we buy for research and to save the American economy !!!! Also most of us are nuts but it,s fun and much cheaper than a shrink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OC + RAD = Broke $$$$$

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
You missed the discalmer when you signed up?

You can always buy some shares in Merkur and Proraso, at least you will feel like you get something back...

Hahaha, I know the feeling

You call that spending money? $500 is barely the tip of the iceberg :lol:. That's a warm-up my friend :lol:. When serious RAD sets in, feel free to log back in and complain...not before :laugh:. There is a str8 RAD Therapist on board on B&B for this kind of stuff :biggrin1:...or there should be. The fee: $500 :tongue_sm

In all seriousness...this can become a very expensive hobby. How much so, is entirely up to you. You can certainly get away with ~$100 in hardware and call it quits...but for most, we like to push the envelop a bit further...it becomes a hobby...collecting and trying/experimenting with all different kinds of DE/str8s (slant, vintage, 1/2 hollow, wedge, full hollow, Sheffield, Solingen, etc, etc, etc...)

Have fun and welcome to the fold...Now, we have you where we want you. Whooohahahaha, Wwooohahahahaha

Cheers,
Robert

I've got you beat! Over $500 in 2 weeks..... I now have quite a few brushes, DEs, straights, strops, soaps, creams, and aftershaves. The problem is I can't see an end in sight and my slush fund (seperate bank account I used to use for fly fishing and biking gear) is now empty!!:tongue_sm I too blame the fine members of B&B! Thanks guys....

You're looking at this the wrong way.

First, you need to amortize your purchases over a period of years. $500 over 20 years is $25 a year. See? Totally rational and affordable. You may need to put it into these terms so a significant other can understand how little this costs.

Second, think of razor purchases as an act of historic preservation. You might already have a dozen razors, but think about those junk store and eBay purchases as preserving historic goods for the future. You wouldn't want those razors to fall into the hands of the unappreciative, would you? So while it might cost some money today, future generations will thank you for caring for these razors.

The problem is I can't see an end in sight and my slush fund (seperate bank account I used to use for fly fishing and biking gear) is now empty!!:tongue_sm I too blame the fine members of B&B! Thanks guys....

:a6: This place is a loony bin.

You're looking at this the wrong way.

First, you need to amortize your purchases over a period of years. $500 over 20 years is $25 a year. See? Totally rational and affordable. You may need to put it into these terms so a significant other can understand how little this costs.

Hahaha. :lol:

I laughed out loud at that one.

Top Bottom