What's new

Merkur Travel DE vs Gillette Travel Tech

Has anyone here used both a Merkur Travel DE, as well as a Gillette Tech? I own the Merkur and get a great shave from it, but was wondering if I could recommend a cheaper alternative to my interested friends by mentioning the Travel Tech.

I have a ball-end tech that gives great shaves, and I would assume that the Travel Tech has a similar head.

Anyway, let us know what you think! Thanks as always!

AFAIK, the travel Tech and the full size Tech have the same head. Some folks feel that the short handle on the travel tech makes shaving more difficult.

Feather portable is a nice shaver and pretty cheap...

I used it yesterday and I thought i wouldn't like the short, small handles, but it was actually pretty comfortable even from the first couple of shaves...

Feather portable is a nice shaver and pretty cheap...

I used it yesterday and I thought i wouldn't like the short, small handles, but it was actually pretty comfortable even from the first couple of shaves...

+1

I like the feather portable and use the head on a Bull Mastiff handle as my daily shaver. It has a bit more blade gap than either the Merkur or Tech.

When I first started with a DE, a couple of months of struggling with a standard ball-end Tech, I picked up a Merkur travel and it was one of my "Aha!" moments in shaving.

The Tech requires too much work for me to get a decent result.

I'm using a Travel Tech ...and I'm really surprise what a great shave I get. I put aside my Merkur Futur and '59 Fatboy just so I could use this for the time being. I have another two vintage razors I want to try out...but they are on hold while I enjoy my Travel Tech '73. :001_cool:

I just got a '67 Travel Tech with case for a really good price and I actually plan on using it for travel. I'm only mildly worried about the short handle. There seem to be a lot of inexpensive Travel Techs in excellent condition. Since they were sold for travel and not marketed for daily shaving most out there have seen very little use.

Top Bottom