Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marvis Toothpaste

Images

Default Marvis Toothpaste

How many here use Marvis? I've been reading about it online, looks like nice stuff..Quite pricey, although, with my Braun Toothbrush it should last a while.

Can anyone post any reviews of the various flavors?

Images

It is good stuff. I like the Fruit Mint the best. I am currently finishing up a tube of the Ginger Mint, and it is just average. I alternate the Marvis with some Colgate Total, which has some goodies that Marvis doesn't have. The Marvis tastes way better, though. You can generally find Marvis on eBay for cheaper than retail.

I have also heard many good reports of Tom's toothpaste.
    -Scotto

Support B&B!

Images

I've been using the Jasmine Mint and really like it a lot. It leaves me with a clean mouth taste and not the filmy feeling that regular toothpastes leave behind.

Kyle
    -Kyle
    ...the police often question him, just because they find him interesting...his blood smells like cologne...

Images

Images

My personal favorite is the green tube and the light blue tube and I have the oarnge tube but its not that great. Obviously I dont know the names of them..lol The green tube leaves you with fresh breath for a long time but you need to do as scotto said and switch to colgate or something from time to time because your teeth will get build up....noticable build up. I personally like to use the green tube of Marvis and rotate it with the colgate herbal mint.

Images

Build up? What do you mean?

Images

Yeah I'm curious about that as well. You mean build up of plaque?
    I haven't tried it before, but I have seen it for not too much at a Dutch vendor. Will try it.
    Too bad they only have one flavor, but who knows what the future brings.
    DO YOU EVEN SHAVE?

can't compare prices but connaught shaving has several flavors available. i have the ginger mint and licorice flavors. both ok. but if tartar/placque build-up is a problem, i'd have to give them up.....already have a tendency to have heavier than normal placqe and the semi anuual hygienist scalings are already tedious!!

I love them - particularly the jasmine mint. However, as another poster said they aren't as good for your teeth as some of the other major brand toothpastes. I keep a tube in my desk drawer and use it after lunch in the office but I use Crest in the morning and then a high fluoride RX toothpaste at night. It just occurred to me that I have three different toothpastes which seems excessive...

Images

We use the Jasmine Mint. Outstanding taste. I don't know about the fluoride and other adjuncts but at the price here in the States we have to rotate it the store varieties. Check out Botot as well. Great flavour and we bought the matching mouthwash as well. A few drops in warm water makes a much better wash than Scope. At least to me.

Cheers, Todd

BTW, great job of binging back a five year old post!

Bringing back an old thread but that's all right, the information is still good!

I'm using the new licorice toothpaste at the moment. There's a warning on the box to keep an eye on your kids if they use it so they don't eat it. I thought that was pretty funny. The toothpaste works very well. I thought the Ginger toothpaste was the strongest mint-wise (more than the mint or aquatic). It's fairly expensive for toothpaste IMO but once in a while, I think it's a good toothpaste to use.

I'm lucky enough to see it at a few local groceries.
    Cheers, Luc - My Gear(Wiki) - Have a question, PM a mod. That's why we're here!

Marvis - Cinnamon Mint Toothpaste - 75 ml

$10.50

Ingredients:
    Aluminum Hydroxide, Water, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Silica, Cellulose Gum, Aroma (Flavor), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Citric Acid, Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Saccharin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Cinnamal, Limonene, Eugenol.

Colgate ProClinical Ingredients:
    Sodium Fluoride 0.24% (0.15% w/v fluoride ion)Anticavity
    WaterSolvent/Carrier
    Hydrated SilicaThickener/Abrasive
    SorbitolHumectant
    GlycerinHumectant
    PEG-12Humectant
    Pentasodium TriphosphateTartar Control Agent
    Tetrasodium PyrophosphateTartar Control Agent
    Sodium Lauryl SulfateFoaming Agent
    FlavorFlavor
    Cellulose GumBinder
    PolyethyleneAesthetic
    Cocamidopropyl BetaineFoaming Agent
    Sodium HydroxidepH stabilizer
    SaccharinSweetener
    Xanthan GumBinder
    Titanium DioxideColor/Opacifier
    FD&C blue No. 1 lakeColor

Interestingly Colgate does not have the parabens.
    Last edited by JeffM; 01-07-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Images

yea i was going to try out this brand but the ingredients list really caused me to back off.. 2 kinds of sodium laurel sulfates and several parabens? Better of with other alternatives IMO

Images

I guess I should start paying more attention to ingredients. I didn't know there was anything dangerous about SLS's. Anyhow, I use the Marvis all the time. I've tried the Liquorice, Jasmine Mint, and the Strong Mint. I love them all but the Liquorice is my favourite. It is expensive compared to the mainstream toothpastes, but a tube lasts quite a while so its not a big deal to me. You can get it from Italian Barber for about $7.99 or so.

I absolutely love Marvis. I could eat the Amarelli licorice flavor with a spoon. Coming in 2nd place would be a tie between cinnamon mint and strong mint. Was not a fan of the Jasmine or Ginger varietals.

I currently use the cinnamon version and it is absolutely delicious!
    A very natural, real cinnamon taste, not a synthetic fake taste.
    Recommend it for it's taste, but I wish they would use less ingredients,
    judging from that list (threw away the box it was printed on).
    DO YOU EVEN SHAVE?

Images

I use it and love it! Currently using the Amarelli Licorice and it tastes fantastic!

"...clean, seductive flavour of licorice with the freshness of mint. Created in collaboration with Amarelli, makers of the "best licorice in the world" since 1731. Fluoride enriched. Made in Italy..."
    Ben.

Lovely old fashioned tube. I like the Strong Mint, nice flavour.

The only thing is that it's got less fluorine than, say, Fluocaril (my go-to toothpaste), and I don't like this particular point. And Marvis is a bit pricier as well.
    Juan Manuel. TOFLAC-U. Survivor of the 2013 M&F Chief Group Buy.

correct me if I'm wrong, but do adults really even need ongoing fluoride?