What's new

Marvis Toothpaste

Tastes great, no doubt. I had to switch back to Colgate because my gumline started receding with Marvis and my tarter buildup increased with it between dental cleanings. YMMV of course but it didn't work for me. Wish it did.

I use it, but I find I get tatar/plaque build-up and have to use modern American brands as a result, at least a part of the time. Similar results with Indian toothpastes. Great flavors, not that effective.

The licorice tastes really good. All Marvis seem mildly flavored except the white mint has pretty strong peppermint, which I like.

I've resisted using Marvis because I have sensetive teeth, so Ive been stuck using Sensodyne and similar products for years.
Two weeks ago I deceided to go for it - It's now been 2 weeks and no sensitivity issues with Marvis.

So although the package isn't labeled as such - it's definatly good for sensative teeth.

A.

Bought some Marvis toothpaste and am halfway through the tube. I don't see what the fuss is and won't be buying it again. There's no way to gauge effectiveness except over the long term, so I can only comment on the taste and mouthfeel which I found lacking. At 7 bucks for a tube less than half the size of a standard American brand tube, I needed to be wowed and wasn't.

I received a sample from a vendor when I bought some creams, facial mask and aftershave cream. But I havent tried it yet, but after all this fuzz I will definetaly try it tonight.

I've tried the ginger mint, and with a recent order I received cinnamon mint and classic strong mint samples. All were pretty lackluster, especially for the price IMO. There wasn't even much of a ginger taste to the ginger mint. I think there are better options at lower price points.

P

pdillon

Yup you are right :thumbup:
Not much for adult teeth but very important for kids...

This is contrary to what my dentist tells me. My dentist gives me free fluoride when I visit, even though it is not covered by my insurance. He also stresses the use of an alcohol-free fluoride mouthwash, such as ACT. Some quick Google searching seems to back him up.

proxy.php

I wish i could use marvis toothpaste but it contains sls and i belive sles which give me mouth bumps/sores which are painful and annoying. Also it has flouride which as a kid i was exsposed to to much of it and I have some dental flourosis which on my upper teeth they are white spots on my teeth that are not the same color as my actuall teeth color. And on my lower teeth i can see through the a small portion of the top of my teeth. So I use kiss my face triple action toothpaste right now.(sorry for any miss spelling im posting this on my nook tablet)

I received a sample of Marvis Classic Strong Mint (Green) Toothpaste when I bought my Merkur. WOW! Very nice indeed with my Braun toothbrush. Strong, minty and left me with a nice clean mouth / fresh breath.

I had an some cream / blades and witch hazel turn up today. I ordered a tube of the Aqua Mint. Very nice indeed. Is a little pricey $10 bucks AUD, but hey we're worth it right!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I like my regular toothpaste but Marvis is fun here and there! The licorice one is pretty awesome too! If you link strong mint flavours, try the Ginger-mint (that one will leave you with a fresh impression).

I recently had to give away the Marvis Cinnamon (PIFed it to SWMBO) - I got a contact dermatitis from it (like I did from Tom's of Maine cinnamon/clove). Best I could find through my research was that I am one of those rare people who is not allergic to cinnamon, but is allergic to cinnamic aldehyde.

I like Marvis (jasmine especially), but my new go to toothpaste is Meswak - an Indian brand made from the Salvadora persica shrub

View attachment 271645

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvadora_persica

loving it so far, great taste to boot!!

I really do not know how good a job Meswak does as a toothpaste, but I do love its flavor and breath "cleaning" properties. Strong licorice flavor and aroma.

Meswak (or miswak) chewing sticks are fun, too, if you ever see any.

Tastes great, no doubt. I had to switch back to Colgate because my gumline started receding with Marvis and my tarter buildup increased with it between dental cleanings. YMMV of course but it didn't work for me. Wish it did.

This is a well documented issue (here and on other sites) which I too have experienced. As a result, not only can I not recommend Marvis - but in fact, I would strongly warn against using it. I love the Anise flavored Marvis.... but my teeth and gums don't. I actually didn't notice it much, but my dentist did. I switched back to Colgate and next appt was told everything was A-ok.

Top Bottom