What's new

Down with USPS!

So I get a letter today from the USPS saying that they found an address label that fell off a package that was supposed to be delivered to me. It just so happens that said package had ALL of the straight razor supplies and other goodies that my ex gf bought be for XMas and was kind enough to send still. She sent it two weeks after XMas!! So thanks to the USPS there is a package with the following but not limited to...

1.) A TI 7/8 Singing Hollow Ground Sheffeild Steel straight with Olive Wood scales. Did I meation that it was honed by Lynn?

2.) A Norton 4k/8k water stone

3.) Dovo Best Russian Leather Strop

4.) 5 Packs of Feather Blades

5.) Pewter Shaving Bowl

6.) Various Creams and Soaps from the 3 T's

So Im sure that everyone here and understand that Im really ticked. My stuff is sitting on a shelf somewhere in the lost and found. Instead of my bathroom.....I could have learned how to use the straight alil by now. Gotta love that...

That stinks! I've actually started to prefer USPS over UPS. If you are sending small packages, you can not go wrong with Priority Mail. Cheaper than UPS ground most the time and it's 2-3 days anywhere in the continental US(and it's usually 2). Granted the tracking system for USPS is pretty much worthless and I've never had a problem with UPS losing stuff, arriving broken however, that is a different story!

Sorry about your troubles! Sometimes lost stuff does find it's way to you.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Not that extreme, but waiting for B&B Bay Rum with a Twist edt from Sue and the tracking number has been saying its been enroute since February 20th. :confused:

Hi;

As much as I don't like USPS, if the label fell off that sounds more like a vendor problem. It's easy enough to stick and tape over a label with clear tape to insure it doesn't fall off or is accidentally torn off, or that the address is smudged beyond readability. Most of the quality vendors I have used take extra precautions with labels. However, if the USPS is intent on losing or destroying a package, they are very successful.

BobS

I retired from UPS...and if you read what the USPS and UPS..or any other carrier says....Put a label on the outside..and inside!....

Just in case..

If you go ask anyone who ships they will tell you the same thing...

What I always tell people is put a list of what is in the box and how much you think it is worth...in the box..and make a copy..and insure it for more than that..

UPS has a building that moves over a million packages an hour...and the percentage of mistake is very small...but even if it was .05 % think how many packages that would be in 24 hours!

1.) A TI 7/8 Singing Hollow Ground Sheffeild Steel straight with Olive Wood scales. Did I meation that it was honed by Lynn?

2.) A Norton 4k/8k water stone

3.) Dovo Best Russian Leather Strop

4.) 5 Packs of Feather Blades

5.) Pewter Shaving Bowl

6.) Various Creams and Soaps from the 3 T's

Wait...so you broke up with her....why?!

Very important to put contact info or an invoice or something inside. Unlabled packages will get opended to see if they can find the owners before being auctioned off in lots. Unless of course, your "lost" package is sitting in a USPS employee's shave den right now:tongue:

Last month I had a package sent to me via US 1st class mail, anyway the envelope opened up in the mail and the empty envelope was delivered to my mailbox :confused:

I tried calling the local distribution center where the mail is sorted before being sent to the local post office but no dice, it appears someone must be enjoying my item now.

You should contact the post office were the package was sent from and get the phone numbers for all the Distribution centers between the sender and you and contact them. It's worth a shot....

Hopefully it will show up. Good luck :smile:

Gotta blame the girlfriend. Use packing tape over the label instead of crappy scotch tape. Better yet, print the label on sticker stock.

USPS.com rocks.

I hate the USPS, as several similar things have happened to packages destined for me. I avoid them if I possibly can, although that's just not possible for some online merchants. As of now, its not enough to make me not buy from a place if they insist on sending USPS, but I'm almost there.

Here's hoping someone can find your stuff!

We are working things out thanks :p She brought be a bunch of stuff from SCS for V-Day last month. She supports my habit. What can I say...She likes me clean shaven. Aside from that...She said she put her name and such on the inside for a return. I gotta call them in the morning. I would say that it was a pretty decent setup to start with...

Very important to put contact info or an invoice or something inside. Unlabled packages will get opended to see if they can find the owners before being auctioned off in lots. Unless of course, your "lost" package is sitting in a USPS employee's shave den right now:tongue:

Uh , yeah, the label fell off, that's it, yeah, that's the ticket!
(but we do feel your pain. :crying: )

Marty

Years ago, I was visting my parents. The day before I left they went out of town. I was instructed to leave their car at the airporet. They had an extra set of keys and I was to fly back to St. Louis and mail the primaryy keys back to them.

The keychain was a red white and blue elephant and was beloved by my Mom. I did as instructed--next day mail even. Needless to say package never arrived and Mom accused me of not sending the package. Months later, they received a beat up package with the keychain and a letter of apology explaining that the box was found somewhere in a bin. Mom pathetically apologized and I received a snide remark from the post office and a refund for my next day mail when I brought them back a copy of the letter.

It happens from time to time.

Good idea to put an address laebl on the inside!

Gotta blame the girlfriend. Use packing tape over the label instead of crappy scotch tape. Better yet, print the label on sticker stock.

USPS.com rocks.

+1

Labels not being attached securly is not the fault of the carrier. UPS is not as bad as many claim as far as abuseing packages (I used to work for them many years ago), but they are overpriced. Fedex on the other hand....:cursing: They won't even honor their own insurance!

Top Bottom