What's new

[Dutch] HEMA shaving products discount

Today I went to my local HEMA shop (a well known retail chain in Holland) to find to my pleasure that all shaving items are 20% off! I picked up two packs of HEMA brand double edged blades (they come in 10 per package) for only € 3.20. It is a bit of an experiment, since it is unclear where these blades are manufactured. So it is either an ultra smooth shave or a battlefield in the bathroom... wish me luck... :blink:

I will, Wim. I think the 'HEMA deal' is interesting, since I read that double edged blades from HEMA are an increasingly rare item to find.

Today I actually used a HEMA blade for the first time. I used it in my Feather portable. Imho it is not a top-of-the-notch blade, but it gave me a somewhat rough, but otherwise perfect BBS shave. So for 1.60 euro / 10 blades no complaints here!

Nice.

I was wondering how they compare with Feathers.

Feathers are now somewhere around USD30 for 100 blades (10 packs of 10) shipped airmail worldwide (dridiot).

So that is USD 3.00 per 10 against USD 2.05 per 10.

Which is undeniably cheaper.
Echt Hema :)

How do you compare them quality wise?

I would compare them (but there's still a lot of blades to go from my sampler pack) to a sharper variant of greek BIC or Astra platinum blades. Feathers and some Gillette blades give me smoother results. But for $ 2.05 / 10 blades are a great alternative!

Top Bottom