What's new

Injector vs. DE razor question

Maybe yes, maybe no. I can count on 7 shaves from the various Personna re-branded blades, like Pellas, and have gotten up to 10 from a modern Schick. So for me, cost per shave is not much greater than a DE.

On the other hand, I've seen others claim that they get only 3 or 4 shaves from the same kinds of injector blades, so you'll have to see how that works out for you.

Mm, true, I didn't consider the shaves-per-blade factor. If I can get 10 shaves per blade that makes it a lot more attractive cost-wise, yeah.

I get 4-5 shaves with an injector versus 3 with a DE, but I'm still not completely sold on them. The good old flare tip SS consistently gives me better shaves, but that's likely because I have a couple years of practice behin me, versus about 30 injector shaves.

I do like the occasional injector shave but prefer the DE. Though I do like the Schick blades the biggest drawback on injectors is the very limited choice in blades. There are too many DE blades I like better than the Schick injector-blades.

Top Bottom