What's new

Semogue 620 and/or Semogue "Extra" hair brushes possibility

So today I looked closely at my Semogue 620 and made an observation. A half dozen to a dozen of these little nodules on the end of hairs. The only thing I can imagine them being are Follicles of the hair. I've never seen such a thing on any other Semogue brush, nor are they present on any of my other boar brushes. I'm curious if the inversion of the hairs is a mistake or a sign that maybe the "extra" grade hair is deliberately flipped. If others with:

A: Other boars
B: Other Semogues
C: Other Semogue "Extra" Grade Boars
D: Other 620's

could check their brushes closely for these things, I'd appreciate it.

Other than the probability that these nodules will likely never allow the hair to split, I don't see any problem with them. If they really bothered me trimming them out wouldn't be a problem, but truthfully they just make me curious. I've owned several dozen boars and never seen this before, so it intrigues me.

Good picture, Ian. All my boars have at least a few hairs like that: Omega 81052, Boreal 322, Omega 10066, and Omega 10049. To the naked eye they look almost like a nylon strand with a the melted tip, but I trust that they are actually boar bristles.

A few weeks ago I trimmed a couple of these out of my 81052, as an experiment. Of course I can't find those hairs now, so I can't say if they have flagged or not.

By god you're right. I took a much closer look at my other brushes I had downstairs. All three semo's and the Vulfix all had a few of those things. The VDH I couldn't find any... I'd assume because it is trimmed.

Top Bottom