What's new

Hello from London!

Hello Everyone!

I've recently ditched the Mach III, the electric and the bic, having stumbled accross Mantic59's 'How to Shave With a Single-Blade Razor' YouTube video and this website. After experimenting with a cheap pharmacy DE razor I bought a Gillette Super Speed off ebay, a Pure Badger brush from Taylor of Old Bond Street (next to where I used to work! :biggrin:), Avocado TOBS shaving cream, a decent sized block of Alum from Geo. F. Trumper & a 1.5 Large Dirty Bird Scuttle.

Shaving is now much more enjoyable and I no longer dread it!

Looking forward to being able to shave against the grain on my neck etc, at the moment it seems a bit sensitive, although shaving with the grain seems fine just not very close.

Welcome Scientist!

I too am from London, even though I don't live there now. I grew up not far from the Piccadilly area so I'm familiar with all the Jermyn Street shops. I do miss the place! London has changed somewhat since I grew up there in the 70s.

Take it slowly. You might try two ..with the grain passes. I find that can do the trick sometimes. If not, then across the grain is as far as I can go without risking irritation.

The best is yet to come. Just keep practicing and experimenting.

Cheers!

Jim

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm at Bristol University studying for a Masters in International Relations at the moment. Also I used to work at Davidoff next door to Taylor of Old Bond Street...if only I'd have gotten into this then!

Never too late Harry :thumbup:.

International Relations, heh? Sounds intriguing. Bristol U is certainly a great place my friend. Are we looking at the next "Tony Blair" :001_smile?

Robert

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm at Bristol University studying for a Masters in International Relations at the moment. Also I used to work at Davidoff next door to Taylor of Old Bond Street...if only I'd have gotten into this then!

Never too late Harry :thumbup:.

International Relations, heh? Sounds intriguing. Bristol U is certainly a great place my friend. Are we looking at the next "Tony Blair" :001_smile?

Robert

Thanks all!

Bristol Uni's really good fun, I think one of the best things about it is that it's got Devon right on the doorstep so a weekend's surfing is never too far away! :w00t: IR has been very interesting thanks, still writing dissertation...

Welcome to B&B!

Always good to see another student from London on here. It's making me misty-eyed for the craziness at SOAS...

Top Bottom