What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Is that a Schick Krona?
Updated the movie list

• A Archer (2011) FX s2/e5- Sterling Archer uses a straight then hands it to a baby, baby eats lather off badger brush.--[p 75]
  • American Dad (2007) FOX TV S4/E59 ; DE scene--[thread 40]
  • American Dad (2011) FOX; S6,/E13, "I Am the Walrus" --[p 83]
  • Arthur & the Invisible 3: war of 2 worlds(2010), father is shaving with what looks like the gillette super adjustable
  • Aquaman/throne of Atlantis [2014]-- Aquaman shaves with DE [p 188]
  • B
  • Bob's Burgers (2013) S3/E32- Lisa almost gets her legs shaved

Kill Your Darlings has a scene with Alexander Skarsgard shaving before he tries to kill himself.

Good hunts....keep on shave hunting

• Kill Me Late [2001]Max Weesley shaves with a straight and Atra too--[p 39]
  • Kill your Darlings [2013] Alexander Skarsgard shaving before he tries to kill himself.
  • Killing Fields (1984) A bearded Sam Waterston uses what looks like a Knack---[p 42]

TV mystery movie

Nero Wolfe: Help Wanted - Male

This was an A&E series with Timothy Huttun and Maury Chaykin.

In this one he uses what looks like an auto-strop SE.

The angle looks wrong, but I have not used one.
Great hunt.....

• N
  • Nip/Tuck (2003) FX, s1/e1: Doctor is shaving with a DE.
  • NCIS:LA (2013) CBS.s4/e19 RED Team Co-leader Roy Gaines ( John Corbet) shaving ----[p 116]
  • Nero Wolfe Mysteries (2002) A&E : Nero gets a Straight razor shave.--[p 94]
  • Nero Wolfe: Help Wanted - Male [2002] A&E TV...n this one Nero uses what looks like an auto-strop SE.
  • New Girl" (2012) Fox TV show..... Nick has a Disposable razor in hand as he talks to.--[p 87]
  • O

To Be or Not to Be - Mel Brooks comedy from 1983. About 3/4 through the movie, Brooks shaves a dead man (Jose Ferrer) whom Brooks is pretending to be, with a straight razor in order to affix a fake beard to the dead man to prove that the cadaver is the imposter and not Brooks.
Two great actors, Mel and Jose Ferer the first puerto rican actor to win the Best Oscar actor in 1950, for Cyrano de Bergerac).

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
New show Agent Cater the use a DE as an antenna for a spy rig. $Capt.jpg$Capture.jpg

Very good hunt, let try get some pics if possible, i do like that show too.
I've never been a big fan of Tom Selleck, but I can't think of anyone who could play that role better than he does.
I can't stand Donny Wahlburg, but he does bring that rough-and-tumble element that keeps the show moving.
Everyone else on the cast was a nobody that came out of nowhere, but they've really made a name for themselves now.

Put 'em all together, throw in a well-crafted script, and they really make it ROCK!

They run a Blue Bloods marathon on ION-TV (Comcast 20) every Thursday, which luckily is my day off from work.
Even in re-runs, I never get tired of this show.

I've never been a big fan of Tom Selleck, but I can't think of anyone who could play that role better than he does.
I can't stand Donny Wahlburg, but he does bring that rough-and-tumble element that keeps the show moving.
Everyone else on the cast was a nobody that came out of nowhere, but they've really made a name for themselves now.

Put 'em all together, throw in a well-crafted script, and they really make it ROCK!

They run a Blue Bloods marathon on ION-TV (Comcast 20) every Thursday, which luckily is my day off from work.
Even in re-runs, I never get tired of this show.
Funny thing, i prefer to watch Tom Selleck on TV talk shows, than watch him act. :laugh:

Hi, guys,

I don't know if this post belongs in this thread, but I was watching "Cocoon" the other night and saw Hume Cronyn's character applying aftershave or cologne before going out to a party. While he's not actually shaving, if you look carefully it appears that there's a bottle of Lilac Vegetal on his bathroom shelf, along with another Pinaud bottle (possibly Eau de Quinine) that has a darker liquid inside.

proxy.php

There are several other bottles on the shelf, but I can't make out any of the labels, and I can't really tell what is in the bottle he's using to apply lotion to his face. Can anybody else offer some input?

Have a great day!

-- Sammy

One of those is definitely Lilac Vegetal (The Veg), I can make out the fuzzy label.

Last edited by a moderator:
Animal House
Otter slashes on Old Spice and there's a DE and a can of goo on his sink.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1423333425315.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1423333425315.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 123
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1423333466051.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1423333466051.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 122
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1423333496618.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1423333496618.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 122
Forty Guns - 1957. Western about a corrupt cattle baroness played by Barbara Stanwyck. In opening scene, her drunken cowboy work hands are terrorize a town and there is a barber shaving a customer in the street.

Actor: Charlton Heston
Movie: Soylent Green
Year: 1973
Razor: Schick Krona

P.S: Sorry for the quality, I had to take a picture of my T.V screen : /

proxy.php

In honor of the 40th anniversary of SNL, tonight's show reran the very first (S1 E1) episode,
hosted by George Carlin with musical guests Janice Ian and Billy Preston

Towards the very end of the show, they run a spoof commercial for a "Triple Trac" razor, "because you'll believe anything."

All I could find is the transcript: http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75atriple.phtml

In fact, SNL has done numerous razor spoofs down through the years.
Google gives us pages and pages of transcripts and videos: https://www.google.com/search?q=snl...0.9080j0j9&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

As soon as I saw Brad Pitt face lathering with his boar brush (looks like a boar), in the movie "Fury", it reminded me of this thread :D

Few minutes later Brad Pitt looks fresh as a daisy...no cuts, no weepers, no razor burn...Ahhh the magic of TV, if only it were that simple.

Last edited:
Top Bottom