What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

George Washington Slept Here (1942) with Jack Benny. Benny's character uses a de and cream.

Heaven's Gate (1980), Kris Kristofferson uses a straight razor.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Carey Grant in “Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House”. Schick Injector (G type?)

Carey Grant in "North By Northwest" Unknown Ladies Travel Razor

Ok - not shaving, but there's a Razor (Slim Adjustable) used by Sean Connery in "Goldfinger"

Starsky and Hutch with Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller has one, possibly both of them (I can't recall off hand) using a black handle Super Speed.
The Natural has a shaving seen with Red and Pop shaving. I think one is using a straight. (Can't recall that one either)
The Wall has a ball end tech, I'm thinking it's the travel size. I know Pink uses the blade, but possibly not the razor itself. (I really need to find the time for more movies:lol:)
There's at least one D/E of some sort in Biloxi Blues. I think you can make out a bottle of AV as well.

Charlton Heston uses a DE in Soylent Green.

It's either a Krona or a Superspeed, I can't remember. I just remember the razor having a black handle and a silver head.

Carey Grant in “Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House”. Schick Injector (G type?)

Carey Grant in "North By Northwest" Unknown Ladies Travel Razor

Ok - not shaving, but there's a Razor (Slim Adjustable) used by Sean Connery in "Goldfinger"

And the guy nest to him is using a straight and thinks Cary Grant is weird. I remember this a great scene and movie.

Woohoo! We have identified one!

I wonder if Wes Anderson is a Wet Shaver?

i know its kinda hard because the razors are same size as hands and the cameras cant pick up the details of the razors, but i bet someone can really pin point one d/e razor, im gonna try every time i see a movie.:thumbup1:

Detour (1945): Tom Neal shaves with a DE razor and what looks like a 30mm brush.

Dark Passage (1947): Humphrey Bogart shaves with what looks like a slim DE razor after the bandages are removed from his face, but all we see is the razor being put down after he finishes.

In one of the James Bond movies, a DE razor is used by Bond.

Identifying the razor is something I can't do.

it's kinda hard to see details unless if they auto zoom the scenes i guess.

Entourage episode "Sorry, Harvey" from 2007 (aired on Spike tonight), opens with 'E' interrupting a straight shave at The Shave of Beverly Hills (real place, now gone bankrupt) to answer his cell phone.

One of my favorite episodes of Leave it to Beaver had both DE shaving (a super speed, I believe), and a barbershop straight shave:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orWPyypLe9Q&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQsNkj_Eyn8&feature=related[/youtube]

Last edited:
Walk Don't Run 1966 or '64

It's a romantic comedy and Cary Grant's last film.

While Cary Grant uses a DE, brush, and cream from a tube, Jim Hutton uses foam from a can. I don't remember if there is a scene with Grant actually shaving, but he does lather up a couple of times in the bathroom. There are also a couple of scenes on whether "men shower then shave, or shave then shower." Grant says it does not matter to him, but if he had to choose one, he would shave then shower.

The plot of the film revolves around Grant playing matchmaker between Hutton and Samantha Egar during the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Tokyo has a housing shortage during the Olympics so businessman Grant rents a room in Egar's apartment; Grant then rents his half of the room to Hutton, an architect and athlete in the Olympic games.

Top Bottom