What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Walk Don't Run 1966 or '64

It's a romantic comedy and Cary Grant's last film.

While Cary Grant uses a DE, brush, and cream from a tube, Jim Hutton uses foam from a can. I don't remember if there is a scene with Grant actually shaving, but he does lather up a couple of times in the bathroom. There are also a couple of scenes on whether "men shower then shave, or shave then shower." Grant says it does not matter to him, but if he had to choose one, he would shave then shower.

The plot of the film revolves around Grant playing matchmaker between Hutton and Samantha Egar during the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Tokyo has a housing shortage during the Olympics so businessman Grant rents a room in Egar's apartment; Grant then rents his half of the room to Hutton, an architect and athlete in the Olympic games.

i think im going to see this movie, i love the true classics yo.

I stole this from another thread. Strange how the memory plays tricks, could have sworn he was head shaving. Still, no lather :w00t:

That shot is from the early scene in the helicopter: I love this film and had never before noticed it was a DE!

The later shaving scene (again with no lather), in the jungle, is when he snaps the head off the disposable because he's pressing so hard. Conveys the tension they're feeling as they wait for the hunter to show itself :laugh:

in "The Book of Eli" gary oldman gets a straight shave from a blind girl:ohmy: and at the end denzel shaves with a straight razor

Legion

Staff member
that looks like a gillette slim.

It's actually a black handle SS. When this scene came on I had to pause the DVD, zoom in, and then point out that it was a continuity error because the show was set in 1962 and...

Yeah, that got some groans. :sneaky2:

One of my favorite episodes of Leave it to Beaver had both DE shaving (a super speed, I believe), and a barbershop straight shave:
And in Part 3, look who is playing the part of Andy the Barber! None other than Howard McNear, who played Floyd (Lawson) the Barber on The Andy Griffith Show!

Wonderful scene in "North By Northwest" with Cary Grant. He has to shave in the train station with a girly razor borrowed from Eva Marie Saint and gets funny looks from the macho man with the straight razor at the next sink. Even without that it's a top 10 picture so rent it already!

Also in "The Untouchables" where the barber is shaving Al Capone ( Robert DeNiro) and cuts him by accident.

In "Little Big Man" Dustin Hoffman's character shuttles back and forth between Native American and white cultures; he shaves with a Bowie knife when he decides to go native.

Dang it, you took the Untouchables from me. Does the closing scene of the first Godfather count, where the man gets shot in the eye.

it's actually a black handle ss. When this scene came on i had to pause the dvd, zoom in, and then point out that it was a continuity error because the show was set in 1962 and...

Yeah, that got some groans. :sneaky2:

darn good observation dude.

In Predator one of Arnie's team head shaves with a DE( no lather !). In one of the Star Trek NG movies Troi shaves Riker while in the bath with a straight :blushing:.
In the old UK TV series Jeeves and Wooster, Hugh Laurie ( aka Dr House) uses a SE (Gem 1912 ?).

Are you sure it was a DE? I thought it was disposable, since he snapped the head off.

Anyway, The Graduate.

I stole this from another thread. Strange how the memory plays tricks, could have sworn he was head shaving. Still, no lather :w00t:

That shot is from the early scene in the helicopter: I love this film and had never before noticed it was a DE!

The later shaving scene (again with no lather), in the jungle, is when he snaps the head off the disposable because he's pressing so hard. Conveys the tension they're feeling as they wait for the hunter to show itself :laugh:

And here is a pic of the later scene

Can't believe I didn't mention this the first time around - in the first or second episode of Life on Mars (Season 1, both UK and US versions), Sam is shaving in front of a broken mirror with what looks like a Super Speed. As he's checking his reflection in the cracked and the clean sides of the mirror, trying to distinguish reality from the imaginary, he nicks himself.

Re: Predator

1.) It's a Good News disposable, not a DE. I remember seeing this in the theater when it came out.

2.) The actor is not Cleavon Little from Blazing Saddles.

"MY NAME IS NOBODY"
A spaghetti western with Henry Fonda and Terrence Hill.
One scene with Henry Fonda in a barber shop getting a shave with a straight razor,
and Terrence Hill getting a shave in a barber shop at the end of the movie.

And in Part 3, look who is playing the part of Andy the Barber! None other than Howard McNear, who played Floyd (Lawson) the Barber on The Andy Griffith Show!

I'd be nervous if Floyd gave me a straight razor shave. It would kind of be like if Barney Fife or Otis Campbell did.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom