What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already or not, but in episode 2 of Luke Cage, the barber shaves Cottonmouth with a straight.

Westworld S01E10
Dolores giving the man in black a shave with a bowie knife.

$vlcsnap-2016-12-06-14h51m54s420.png

$vlcsnap-2016-12-06-14h50m06s240.png

$vlcsnap-2016-12-06-14h52m10s404.png

Several references in this thread to episodes of M*A*S*H. Last night I was binge watching 6 or 7 episodes and in the one where Hawkeye orders ribs from a joint near Dearborn Station in Chicago he is seen shaving in the Swamp using his helmet and a DE. Next to him is a bottle of Gillette Sun Up, which I don't think existed prior to 1960. They were usually pretty good about using correct period stuff on that show--I've seen Old Spice and St Johns Bayrum bottles in the Swamp, both of which would have been popular in the Korean War. But not Sun Up.

Last edited:
I watched the 1935 movie Scrooge last night, with Seymour Hicks as Ebenezer. After a night with the Ghosts, he is shaving with a straight after lathering, and trying to dance! Of course, he nicks himself: the tip of his nose! With sticking plaster applied, he goes out to get the Prize bird for the Cratchetts. Wonderful old movie. Humbug to the new ones, Humbug I say!

King of Hockey - 1936. Starring Dick Purcell and Anne Nagel. Purcell is a hockey star who gets involved in a point shaving scandal. Shaving scene about 30 minutes into the movie.

Several references in this thread to episodes of M*A*S*H. Last night I was binge watching 6 or 7 episodes and in the one where Hawkeye orders ribs from a joint near Dearborn Station in Chicago he is seen shaving in the Swamp using his helmet and a DE. Next to him is a bottle of Gillette Sun Up, which I don't think existed prior to 1960. They were usually pretty good about using correct period stuff on that show--I've seen Old Spice and St Johns Bayrum bottles in the Swamp, both of which would have been popular in the Korean War. But not Sun Up.
Adam's ribs....... Haven't seen that episode in over 12 years and remember it well. I remember one episode where frank burns is standing in front of his mirror shaving with a straight razor, the scene cut away and when it returned the lather was on the wrong side of the face and then another cut away and the razor appeared behind hawkeye when it wasn't there a in the previous cut away shot.

Gotta love tv show blunders.

I don't know if this one has been mentioned yet or not(I'm too lazy to look thru 230 pages), but I remember this from a Christmas episode of Ren and Stimpy. There's a short scene about their version of christmas, called "yak shaving day," and the yak shaves his face with a DE:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shave related

AMERICAN PICKERS s16/e1

Frank finds or tries pick a straight razor case loaded with straightsome.

$Screenshot_20161216-120839.jpg

Watching Outlander (the series, not Sean Connery) & there's a scene of the lead's husband's ancestor getting a straight shave from a subordinate that would likely take his face off if the blade had an edge.

proxy.php

This reminds her of a time when she gave a significantly more competent shave with the same straight in her present era, 1940s.

proxy.php

Watching Outlander (the series, not Sean Connery) & there's a scene of the lead's husband's ancestor getting a straight shave from a subordinate that would likely take his face off if the blade had an edge.

proxy.php

This reminds her of a time when she gave a significantly more competent shave with the same straight in her present era, 1940s.

proxy.php
Niceeeee shaves scene hunt.

Top Bottom