What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

DRESSED TO KILL

From the You-Never-Know-Who-You're-Going-To-Meet Department...

I was in a local antiques mall last month, and asked one of the vendors if he had any razors or shaving-related items. He pulled out a box and we went through the contents together. Nothing especially interesting, and I knew more about what he had than he did.

But then he said, "You know, I played Angie Dickinson's husband in the movie, 'Dressed To Kill.' In the first scene, I'm shaving with a straight razor." Film fans will recall that the 1980 Brian DePalma thriller featured a particularly grisly murder committed with a razor.

Say hello to actor and very nice guy, Fred Weber!

$dressedtokillbdcap1_original.jpg

$2014-08-19-1.jpg

Just watched a very disturbing movie last night called "Chained" in which at about the half hour mark Bob shaves Rabbit with a straight.
$uploadfromtaptalk1410407410158.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1410407421577.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1410407428907.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1410407435047.jpg

DRESSED TO KILL

I was in a local antiques mall last month, and asked one of the vendors if he had any razors or shaving-related items. He pulled out a box and we went through the contents together. Nothing especially interesting, and I knew more about what he had than he did.

But then he said, "You know, I played Angie Dickinson's husband in the movie, 'Dressed To Kill.' In the first scene, I'm shaving with a straight razor." Film fans will recall that the 1980 Brian DePalma thriller featured a particularly grisly murder committed with a razor.

View attachment 494206

View attachment 494207

This is sooo cool. I saw that movie too. The scene is already posted on the movie list here but this is some nice info from you, thanks for sharing it.http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Shaving_in_movies_and_television?redirect=no

• DogFight (1991) 3 B's friends members get straight razor shaved in the arms [p128]
  • Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist [2005]Father Merrin shaves.--[p 28]
  • Dressed to Kill [1980]. (Angie Dickinson) showering as her husband straight razor shaves.--[p 73]
  • Drive [2011] Ryan Gosling has a straight shave.--[p 45]
  • Dracula [1992] Keanu Reeves is shaving.
  • Dumb & Dumber (1994) Lloyd Christmas is getting shaved by a barber with a straight.

Ride the High Country Western a guy gets straight shaved by his two brothers. Dual shaving.

Keep on hunting, we have it but want more.....

• Resistance (2013) Bill paxton, a downed American pilot, shaves with a straight
  • Rio Bravo (1959 ) Angie Dickinson shaves Dean Martin offers to shave John Wayne--[p 40]
  • Ride the High Country (1962). Billy gets a straight razor shave from his two brothers before his honeymoon.[p 140]
  • Rite the ( 2011) Anthony Hopkins DE shaving. --[thread 36]

Son of Paleface - 1952 - Bob Hope gets shaved by Jane Russell

Check out the stropping at 0:48 !

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a shaving scene but a classic razor sighting.

Harlem nights: Della Reese threatens to cut Eddie Murphy with a straight.

DRESSED TO KILL

View attachment 494206

View attachment 494207

That is pretty cool. I saw that movie as a kid, and I still get goosebumps thinking about the closing scene.

Caught a program titled 'Lincoln's Secret Killer' on the National Geographic Chanel and there were two brief scenes supposedly showing Lincoln starting his final day. In the first he's applying lather to his neck and later he is stropping his razor. There's no razor-to-flesh action so maybe it doesn't qualify. In which case I'll calmly accept a reprimand. The program centered on the possibility that Lincoln suffered from a rare genetic defect that would have killed him if Booth had not carried out the assassination.

The program centered on the possibility that Lincoln suffered from a rare genetic defect that would have killed him if Booth had not carried out the assassination.
Lincoln was thought to have Marfan's Syndrome, which accounted for his tall, lanky appearance. Another symptom of Marfan is defects of the heart valves and aorta, which lead to early death. Lincoln was 56 years old at the time of his assassination.

Some people also suspect he was suffering from Manic-Depression, now known as BiPolar Disorder.

Top Bottom