What's new

first straight razor shave

that was scary. it took about 30 minutes because i was scared of disfigurement. should you use both hands? left hand for the left side, right hand for the right side? also, having trouble with the mustache area....

any feedback? thanks for all your help

Hi, i can only speak as someone 3 months in but uses my straight every day. I found the first 3/4 shaves like that, your not on your own there but as soon as i went to every day my skill and confidence increased really fast. Only had a few nicks and of no more severity than when i first used Feathers in my Jagger DE and those were on the chin, hard to master that one ! As for the top lip, i go with a 5/8 and a scooping stroke down stroke and then second pass sideways, watched Jockeys videos on u tube several times first and then was sorted. As for left and right thats what i do, have no problem on the cheeks and neck but i wont do a right to left pass over my chin left handed, feels too wrong for me and and i can get a good enough shave without, most advice seems to be go with what your comfortable with. Hope this helped, relax and enjoy it, it gets a lot easier real quick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom