What's new

Found some Trac II/Atra cartridges dirt cheap!

I stumbled across the below at the Dollarama. I believe Dollaramas are only in Canada, but maybe these are in other Dollar Stores for you US/UK folks??

It's an all plastic Trac II handle with 5 twin blades that don't have the lube strip. For a dollar, you get 5 decent cartridges that fit the Trac II and Atra. The plastic handle isn't as cheap as you'd think either. If you don't already have a Trac II handle, it's a great way to get a cheap one. Also great for travel. I bought 10 of these so 50 Trac II/Atra cartridges for $10 + tax. Not bad in my opinion. Even the Personnas at Wal-Mart are $4.96 for 15. $3 for 15 sounds better to me. :thumbup: I get about 3 shaves per cart. I tried getting a fourth shave out of one of the carts but the ATG pass pulled just too much.

A Gillette Tech is my daily shaver. I only take out the Trac II maybe twice every couple of weeks. These should last awhile. On top of all that, I recently was talking to my father about shaving and mentioned the Trac II. I had to describe exactly what kind of razor it was, but once he knew what I was talking about he left the room and came back with an original Gillette Trac II Plus handle in great condition. He gave it to me as he has a SuperMax Trac II imitation handle that's feels heavier built than the Gillette handle. I don't want to ask him for that handle but I want it! Maybe I'll go out and buy a ProGlide and trade him. :tongue_sm

Anyway, just thought I'd share. :001_smile

Last edited:
They're the for real Atra/Trac II's? If so that's an excellent deal! Even if it's nameless brand, it's still a good deal...best you can do down here is $1.25 for 5.

I don't want to ask him for that handle but I want it! Maybe I'll go out and buy a ProGlide and trade him. :tongue_sm

I think you are joking here, but just in case you are not: you would be trading your dad one of the worst cartridge razors ever made (the Fusion ProGlide), and getting one of the best cartridge razors ever made in return (the Trac II).

Please don't be that mean to your father, do you seriously want him to curse you for the rest of his life? Be nice to your dad, tomorrow is Father's Day after all. :w00t::w00t:

They're the for real Atra/Trac II's? If so that's an excellent deal! Even if it's nameless brand, it's still a good deal...best you can do down here is $1.25 for 5.

They fit the Gillette Trac II Plus handle which is identical to the Trac II. The handle grip is simply shaped differently on the Trac II Plus. As for the Atra, I have a Gillette Vector handle that accepts Atra/Contour carts, and these fit.

michiganlover said:
I think you are joking here, but just in case you are not: you would be trading your dad one of the worst cartridge razors ever made (the Fusion ProGlide), and getting one of the best cartridge razors ever made in return (the Trac II).

Please don't be that mean to your father, do you seriously want him to curse you for the rest of his life? Be nice to your dad, tomorrow is Father's Day after all. .

HAHA I was definitely joking. He actually uses the Sensor Excel. Even though he has a Trac II handle and found out about the cost of these carts, he's loyal to the Sensor. Atleast it's a decent cart razor. :thumbup:

Top Bottom