What's new

Well, not BBS, but only slight blood loss...

I'm 61 years old, been shaving for over 45 years, and just learned I don't know how. I have used a nice pure badger brush for a number of years, but just swiped it across the soap, smeared the mess across my face and proceeded to torture myself with Mr. G's finest and latest multi-bladed "advanced" instrument. Grew to hate shaving.

Then I had the great idea to buy (an expensive) wet/dry electric razor. Higher tech discomfort. I recently got a deal on a nice brush at my men's store - 75% discount. Came home and googled the brand to see how much I really saved and discovered many wet shaving sites.

Wow!!!:w00t: I first learned (am learning) how to get a good foam, ordered a DE razor and here we go. I have to admit that the Gillette Fusion was almost fun with a decent prep and lather.

Yesterday, the Merkur Progress came and this morning was my first stab - literally - at using a DE.

Not unenjoyable, but I look forward to shaving and practicing - and buying new blades, razors, balms, soaps, brushes, etc.

Wow!!!:w00t: I first learned (am learning) how to get a good foam, ordered a DE razor and here we go. I have to admit that the Gillette Fusion was almost fun with a decent prep and lather.

Welcome to B&B!

You are not alone in discovering the value and importance of a good pre-shave prep. While I was awaiting the arrival of my first DEs, I employed Kyle's prep and then shaved with my Atra-Plus cartridges. It was amazing the difference the good pre-shave prep made. And then another up-tick with the arrival of the DE razor itself.

By the way, I'm 62 and just started DE wetshaving a couple of months ago.

I'm 61 years old, been shaving for over 45 years, and just learned I don't know how. I have used a nice pure badger brush for a number of years, but just swiped it across the soap, smeared the mess across my face and proceeded to torture myself with Mr. G's finest and latest multi-bladed "advanced" instrument. Grew to hate shaving.

Then I had the great idea to buy (an expensive) wet/dry electric razor. Higher tech discomfort. I recently got a deal on a nice brush at my men's store - 75% discount. Came home and googled the brand to see how much I really saved and discovered many wet shaving sites.

Yesterday, the Merkur Progress came and this morning was my first stab - literally - at using a DE.

Not unenjoyable, but I look forward to shaving and practicing - and buying new blades, razors, balms, soaps, brushes, etc.

congrats and welcome to B&B, it will get better over time if you practice:thumbup1:

Welcome to B&B, and you've made the right choice. I got into real wet shaving just before I turned 60, and now I to am 61. I wish I'd have discovered DE shaving long ago so I could have prevented many years of dislike towards shaving.

Now the world is a better place for me. I enjoy my shaves, and all the gear and rituals involved. I've become pretty good with a straight now, as well as getting very nice and enjoyable shaves with my DE. You too will discover all these good things very quickly as you get into this hobby. Any problems you come across, and any questions, can be addressed or taken care of just by asking our members.

Again, welcome to the B, and enjoy this place. :thumbup1:

Welcome to B&B! Every week if not every day my shaves get closer and more comfortable. Just go slow

Top Bottom