What's new

The English Shaving Company - Edwin Jagger - Great Service

I just had a service experience with this vendor that was so completely positive that I felt compelled to post a quick note.

A few years ago I made the fortunate purchase of one of the 2006 commemorative Badger and Blade Edwin Jagger razors (Georgian). This has been a very popular razor with me since then, with frequent use. I enjoy the shave and the shape of the handle is really fumble proof (a feature I sometimes need with sharp objects in the morning).

Not sure whether I'm guilty of overtightening, or whether I was unlucky, but a few weeks back the threaded stud that affixes the razor head to the handle seperated from the head, rendering the razor unusable. Given the daily use for 3-4 years, and the possibility that I could have caused the problem my only worry was whether I could purchase a replacement head.

After contacting them, they invited me to send the razor in. I did this about 2 weeks ago. It arrived today. Completely refurbished. Brand new head. Complementary product samples. Cleaned and polished like it was when brand new. Carefully packaged and double boxed.

There was no charge. They paid the shipping from the U.K. I didn't ASK for any of this. I was never asked if I'd caused the problem myself. I brought the subject up and it was brushed aside. I would not wish to commit them to this level of service to everyone/every situation - but I'm delighted.

A favorite razor is back. I'm looking forward to trying the new/updated head design. Irrespective of the result I think this was just astonishingly great service, unlooked for, and worthy of a mention here. And I'll remember it every time I use the product. A new order is on the way. Very highly recommended. FYI, I have zero connection to this firm.

my 89l arived today too. Trying to hold out till this evening for a shave ;) a before bed shave has quickly become my habit.

The razor looks amazing, though looks huge compared to my Goodfella. I guess the first few shaves will decide for which shaver that it a bad thing. Though got to say on appearance the 89l looks like it will outlive me :blink:

Glad I just recommended them to my sister. She purchased a razor for my BIL for Father's Day. I hope he embraces the whole wet shaving thing!

+1 to the English Shaving Company. I also have had a positive purchasing experience with them. They had no problems whatsoever shipping to Iraq. I could not believe how fast the package got here - even with the Military Postal system...which isn't the best!
I have found their prices to be lower than other venders for most shaving supplies - even with shipping. I will be ordering from them again when I need more stuff.

James

+1, or 2, or whatever we're at. I ordered from them, and decided to adjust my order after I'd submitted. I was expecting a big hassle, but it was a breeze. The support was quick, friendly, and very effective. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with TESC again. Shipping was even very fast, especially considering it came from England.

Once, they cheerfully corrected a shipping error and didn't ask for the wrong item to be returned. Another time, they did the same with a defective product. They've always left me feeling glad to have done business with them.

As a quick follow-up to my original post...
The new head (updated design a year or two back) is just fine and I think the cosmetics are, if anything, a step up from the original (very nice) finish. So a great first shave this morning - and begun with a smile on my face at the recollection of having been treated so very well. Priceless. I'm looking forward to a new Chatsworth handle version now on order.

I'm a Carpenter to trade and every carpenter makes mistakes but a good one fixes them.
I'm now the manager of my friends long est business and same goes now. A faulty product always gets rectified asap no questions, no hesitation.......done. Mistakes happen and its my job as a manager to make sure the customer says "well there was a problem, but it was quickly rectified and I'll go back anytime".

I've had similar service myself....I had a defective product I needed to exchange, their staff was wonderful and courteous, they handled me quickly...i just wish more companies would conduct themselves they way TESC does...

Top Bottom