What's new

coconut help

Need some help guys. I know my son is partial to coconut scent. I'm having trouble finding it in a soap. Anyone care to give me there take on the best coconut scented soap and where to get it? Really looking for a pure, or close to it coconut scent. Going to be part of his birthday present....so nice packaging is a plus, but not a necessity.

Thanks!

From what I have heard of, many of the coconut soaps lean towards a coconut sunscreen kind of smell. I will give my Trumper's a sniff to confirm but I like the Trumper's soap. You can get the Trumper's soap in a wooden bowl which makes for a nice presentation. I do not know of any other coconut soaps that offer such a package as I think the others are made by the smaller soap makers like Mama Bear.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
From what I have heard of, many of the coconut soaps lean towards a coconut sunscreen kind of smell. I will give my Trumper's a sniff to confirm but I like the Trumper's soap. You can get the Trumper's soap in a wooden bowl which makes for a nice presentation. I do not know of any other coconut soaps that offer such a package as I think the others are made by the smaller soap makers like Mama Bear.

+1 on Trumpers.

Thanks guys. You have confirmed the searching I did......Trumpers was all I could find in the way of major brand soaps. So since most of my purchases are from Phil at BullGoose, who unfortunately doesn't list the Trumpers line, who is the go-to place for this soap??

Again, many thanks.

Another option you might have for a coconut soap just showed up today via a post from Saint Charles Shave. Sue has just announced their new Coconut Cream soap. I haven't smelled it, obviously, but SCS's stuff is always worth checking out.

Trumpers is definitely good as well, though.

true coconut has no fragrance. if you've ever cut a coconut open you'll notice it has no significant odor. coconut oil likewise has no fragrance. that's why trumper's has very little fragrance. all so-called coconut fragrance items use combinations of fragrance oils to achieve the smell we've come to associate with coconut. another alternative for that coconut fragrance is joanna's soaps: http://theshaveden.com/store/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=6 her products seem to get good reviews. i've used the coconut-lime-verbena cream- which has a very nice fragrance.

true coconut has no fragrance. if you've ever cut a coconut open you'll notice it has no significant odor. coconut oil likewise has no fragrance. that's why trumper's has very little fragrance. all so-called coconut fragrance items use combinations of fragrance oils to achieve the smell we've come to associate with coconut. another alternative for that coconut fragrance is joanna's soaps: http://theshaveden.com/store/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=6 her products seem to get good reviews. i've used the coconut-lime-verbena cream- which has a very nice fragrance.

The Shave Den's coconut soap smells putrid, and very little like anything even coconut related. The one I got smelled more like crushed incense. It was the only soap I have ever just tossed.

R

rodeo

I love coconut scent and just today I tried Pirate's Cove and didn't like it at all. It just didnt smell like coconut to me but I felt it smelled "mediciney" if thats possible. Don't think I'll be using that round of soap ever again and have decided to toss it. Next up, I have a soap from Nana June I will be trying. If that doesn't make me happy I may have to buy a Trumpers because I do love coconut scent.

I love coconut scent and just today I tried Pirate's Cove and didn't like it at all. It just didnt smell like coconut to me but I felt it smelled "mediciney" if thats possible. Don't think I'll be using that round of soap ever again and have decided to toss it. Next up, I have a soap from Nana June I will be trying. If that doesn't make me happy I may have to buy a Trumpers because I do love coconut scent.
Did you try the Nana June's? I'd like to know if you liked it. I have been making the Coconut Cream listed in my line of soaps for about 5 years now, and have gotten pretty good feedback on it. However, since you have tried multiple brands, I'd like to know your thoughts on the scent.

R

rodeo

Did you try the Nana June's? I'd like to know if you liked it. I have been making the Coconut Cream listed in my line of soaps for about 5 years now, and have gotten pretty good feedback on it. However, since you have tried multiple brands, I'd like to know your thoughts on the scent.

Sorry Nana, I can't comment on your Coconut Soap because I havent tried it. I had a round of it still sealed in the plastic bag but I had too many soaps already opened and in rotation.

Top Bottom