What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions March

I hope it's okay that I started the thread. Here goes:

Waterman Phileas Fountain Pen

full

full

full

There have been a few members lately talking about pens and all of a sudden I couldn't resist getting one. It's low end but it seems pretty nice. 39.00 including NYC tax at staples.

--------Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Nice pen. I can walk to that hospital, but if I ever need help, I go to Valley. They have valet parking and a piano player. :001_tt1:

I got a set of Reidel Single Malt Scotch glasses for my birthday. Then I was thinking, my bottles of scotch have been slowly reducing with time. So I figured it was time to pick up a couple more.

I picked up a bottle of...

Aberlour 10
Highland Park 12
Laphroaig 10
Talisker 10

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I got a set of Reidel Single Malt Scotch glasses for my birthday. Then I was thinking, my bottles of scotch have been slowly reducing with time. So I figured it was time to pick up a couple more.

I picked up a bottle of...

Aberlour 10
Highland Park 12
Laphroaig 10
Talisker 10

I like your math! (And your taste in scotch; please pour me 'a couple' fingers of each!!)

Very nice John. Did you buy it new or used?

I used to buy all my lenses new, but have gradually switched over to used and have enjoyed the cost savings. I've done the whole ebay thing with good and bad results. Now I pretty much order everything from keh.com and have been very happy. I usually go for the "bargain" lenses because they grade so conservatively. I've had one bargain lens that a friend thought I bought brand new. This one was excellent+ because I wanted the "D" version and that's the only one they had. It cost me $330 shipped and insured. One exception, I will not buy any AF-S or VR lenses used because of warranty issues (you don't know how old the lens is or if it's US warrantied or not). Too many little parts to break. My other resource is my brother as he just found out he can get quite a nice discount on some select Nikkor lenses.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Keh is terrific for used stuff. I bought a wonderful old Rollei from them some time ago. You're not kidding when you say they grade conservatively.

Beautiful 'table, Rob. I've never seen one before. What kind of cartridge connects it with the black gold?

Top Bottom