What's new

Got a beater Fatboy today

Picked this one up from an antique store today. The plating is almost nonexistent on the handle, there's pitting on the adjuster ring, and more plate loss under and inside the head. Everything works though, and after cleaning and polishing it up it actually looks kind of cool with the different metals in the handle. I'll shave with it tomorrow, and since I've been using my nice Fatboy this week it should be easy to tell if this one is "off". It all looks like it should shave fine, but I want to give it a try before it goes up on ebay.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yea, it will go up on ebay once I get around to it. I don't feel like replating it myself, better to pass it on to someone who can replate it, or just enjoy a Fatboy shave for cheaper than a nice one. I myself have a Fatboy in excellent condition with the priginal case, so no need for this.

Yea I didn't plan to make much off of it anyway. I bought it more to pass it along to someone else who might use it. For some reason I thought the B/S/T post requirement was 100 posts, but just realized it's only 50. I might end up putting together a little beginner kit and put it up on there, or just put it up on it's own. I mainly bough it because I was curious how to see how good i would look after a cleaning.

Yea I didn't plan to make much off of it anyway. I bought it more to pass it along to someone else who might use it. For some reason I thought the B/S/T post requirement was 100 posts, but just realized it's only 50. I might end up putting together a little beginner kit and put it up on there, or just put it up on it's own. I mainly bough it because I was curious how to see how good i would look after a cleaning.

You could always PIF it for the "psychic income" that you would receive. I just did that and enjoyed it probably more than I expected. :thumbup1:

I was also thinking it might be cool to replate in something different than nickel. I don't know though, for the cost of replating, I could probably buy a few more razors/brushes at the antique stores. That's why I kind of ruled it out. How much does it usually run to get an adjustable replated?

Top Bottom