What's new

Travel Brushes

Any recommendations for small brushes to use when travelling abroad ? I have seen some that go into a container. Fine when travelling, but wouldnt they rot if kept in the container for too long ??

Any recommendations for small brushes to use when travelling abroad ? I have seen some that go into a container. Fine when travelling, but wouldnt they rot if kept in the container for too long ??

if you dont let them air dry long enough and you put them in the sealed container for to long it will get the funk and will not dry out properly ever again..when i traveled recently i just took my aos starter kit brush with me. You buy the starter kit for 25 and it comes with a pure badger brush.i let it dry out completely before putting it back into my shave bag.

someone sells large pill bottles that work good for travel.

I use a Simpson's Wee Scot for travel. For storage I have a Simpson's tube with a hole in the top for ventilation. I always give it a few shakes and a swirl in a dry towel help to get all the water out before I put it back in the tube. The Wee is a fantastic brush for travel. I used it on a recent three week trip and it was perfect.

Last edited:

Check Muehle travel brush. It is small, practical and good. Some other manufacturers have similar type of brush. I just recommend Muehle since I have a good personal experience with it. It is fine if kept closed because it has air vent hole.

If you don't mind boar the Omega 21047 , comes with it's own travel container.

Earlier ones were mixed bristle and it might be worth talking to Gary @ Shoeboxshaveshop to see if he's got any of the mixed bristle ones left.
proxy.php

Legion

Staff member
Most proper travel containers have holes at the brush end to let some moisture out but I always leave mine in the open while I am on a trip and then take it out of the tube when I get home to completely dry. It only really lives in its tube when it is in transit.

Most proper travel containers have holes at the brush end to let some moisture out but I always leave mine in the open while I am on a trip and then take it out of the tube when I get home to completely dry. It only really lives in its tube when it is in transit.

+1.

When staying at a hotel (or anywhere for that matter) I make sure to keep my brush outside of the bathroom to keep it away from steam.

Top Bottom