What's new

Blade Sample Pack - Blade Review by a newb 3

Ok Guys

As a reminder

Been at this since March, and working through a sampler pack, I use all 5 blades of the same kind before trying a new kind. here are the results so far:

First Blade: Derby

The cheap and cheerfull turkish blades have had there run of bad press about blade consistency. I can agree with this, I used a pack of 5 (15 shaves worth) and can say some great shavers and some dreadfull ones, last blade was used for 2 shaves then binned.

Second Blade: Astra's

Durability: 3 shaves maximum for me (Heavy Growth)
Smoothness: 1st shave amazing, 2nd shave good, 3rd only just acceptable
Sharpness: Shave 1 and 2 great 3 passes wtg, xtg and atg 3rd only wtg

Overall a good blade for shaves 1 and 2, 3 not so good.

3rd Blade Iridiums

These are a strange blade, sharper and more durable than the Astra's however they dont feel as smooth somehow. Bizzare thing is that although it feels not as smooth as the Astra I didnt have any irritation or nicks at all with them. For me best blade so far, Sharpest most durable blade so far fo me, 3 really good shaves per blade with acceptable for the 4th shave and probably could have went further.

So far my favourite blade

Next Up - Personna Reds

Nice reviews. I've had good luck with the verticle Derbys. I'm interested in what you think of the Personnas as I haven't tried them yet.

Thanks for the great write up. I must say you have more patience than I do when it comes to trying the whole pack before moving on to the next blade. Red Pack IP’s are my personal favorites; I am looking forward to hearing how they work for you. Keep up the great reviews.

If this doesnt post properly I will send you a PM

I got the blade sample pack from ......... shaving, they are based here in the Uk and stock a range of sampler blade packs. Service is fast and reliable from my experience.

Top Bottom