What's new

Injector Questions

I picked up a used PAL adjustable a few weeks ago and I haven't been impressed so far. However I adjust it, I can't seem to get a close shave. I find the DE to work much better.

Any technique thoughts? Would another type of injector be better?

Thanks

Can you post close up pics of the face of the razor (where the blade is)? Some Pals have issues there. It's also possible the adjuster is out of whack.

My own Pal adjustable, although it works pretty well, is still fairly mild at the top setting. Give other people's comments that these are aggressive at the high setting, I think there is a chance of getting one where the adjustment is simply off, as DonOhio says. I don't want to break mine trying to adjust it, so I'll just leave it as is.

E or G type injectors tend to be pretty cheap as well as being very good shavers. I'd suggest trying one, although it's possible to get a dud there, too. I also like the I2 with the Hydro-Magic lever that makes it easier to rinse. Schick adjustables give an excellent shave, but they seem to be pricier, for the most part.

Can you post close up pics of the face of the razor (where the blade is)? Some Pals have issues there. It's also possible the adjuster is out of whack.

That's interesting. There's a piece behind the blade that is broken. It was like that when I bought it from ebay (not disclosed) and I thought I'd been had when I first opened it. But I loaded up the blade and it went in, stayed there securely, etc. And it moved back and forth with the adjustment knob, so I figured the piece wasn't too important. But maybe it's moving it just far enough off line for a close shave.

Any chance you can get a pic of it? I'm looking at mine and trying to figure out what in that general location could be broken, or look broken.

Sliv's comment only now reminds me that my own Pal Adj., which on H is one of the 2 most savage razors I've ever used, may be out of adjustment itself somehow, and his milder one could be normal. No way to know, but the variance with them is really odd. One of the best looking razors ever yet quality control was evidently problematic. :001_huh:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
The PAL has a tension spring that goes under a loaded blade, that looks to be broken when you first see one. Without looking, I'll bet your's is broken right at the T in the "Pat. Pending"?

I picked up a used PAL adjustable a few weeks ago and I haven't been impressed so far. However I adjust it, I can't seem to get a close shave. I find the DE to work much better.

Any technique thoughts? Would another type of injector be better?

Thanks

I have a PAL non-adjustable, but that one is too mild for me. Best result I get with a Schick L1.

Thanks for all the help.

I tried it out again today, applying a little more pressure than previously. I managed to get a decent shave with three passes, but it was more irritating than I get with the DE. I suppose I'll need to try out another one.

Top Bottom