What's new

Teach them young... teach them well

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like weekends! :thumbup1: Weekdays are so busy that it is usually around 11pm before I get a chance to shower/shave. On weekends, I sometimes get the time to shave in the afternoon with my straights, but most importantly my little guy (almost 3 now) gets to watch! :001_smile

He picked out GFT Coconut shaving cream for me to use, which considering it was hot/humid and feeling pretty tropical, it went with the theme. :lol: Went on with the shave explaining each step as I always do, then came time for the aftershave. Pulled out Pinaud Clubman, Pinaud Bay Rum and MANDOM and let him pick what I should wear. Now he normally picks Mandom which I am OK with as I love the stuff, but he thought about it for a moment and said "Bay Rum!"

Good choice bud, good choice! Follow that tropic theme the whole way through! :thumbup:

I know there are a few of you that let your kids watch you shave... share and post your funny stories here!

Last edited:
That's so sweet fella, I have a long wait till my daughters need to shave their legs! :lol: But I'll offer my advice when they are ready.

My 2 year old son likes to watch me shave on weekend morinings. He loves it when I give him my brush with leftover lather and an empty DE razor.

No kids yet, but my dog faithfully noses into the master bathroom during my shaves. He sits up and pays attention during lime and bay rum days. I guess he just digs the scent!

Nice...

My niece seems to love the smell of the Trumpers Coconut (always have to stop her from trying to eat it!

That's great! I have a son who is two months old, so I am looking forward to the days ahead where I get to experience what you have described above. Absolutely priceless!

That's great! I have a son who is two months old, so I am looking forward to the days ahead where I get to experience what you have described above. Absolutely priceless!

My wife will carry our 8 month old into the bathroom some Saturday mornings to watch me shave. Not a lot of things capture his fancy for more than a few seconds, but he watches me shave pretty intently. I hope I have good technique...

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I love to hear these stories, and glad to see it happening.

I'm at the stage in my life where I seem to be attending more funerals than weddings.

Can't tell you how many of them have a part where the kids are sitting around and saying things like;

"I remember dad at the sink shaving..."
or
"Remember when we got dad that aftershave and he used it on fathers day.."

These are things that stick in their memory for the rest of their lives, and it's a good, happy memory.

It is so interesting...my 7 yr old son watches me shave all the time and he will sometimes take my lathered brush and smudge it on his face and gets a kick out of it...

My 7yo daughter (shrug) picks out the cream she wants, picks up the travel brush I gave her, screws together her tech with pretty plastic handle, whips up a decent lather and "shaves" her face along with me. Puts everything away nice and tidy.

She likes the procedure and likes the smell.

She'll leave that behind all too soon, but I got other things in line to take the place - like snowboarding.

-jim

R

RainKing

When I was a young kid my brother and I each had a black handled Gillette super adjustable just like my dad's and we'd lather up with him and "shave". I have fond memories of that razor, though I don't remember whatever happened to it (children are hard on things). A couple weeks ago I lucked upon its doppelganger for sale by none other than the original poster. Feels just like coming home. Thanks again, Will...I'm lovin' it.

My niece ( 8y.o.) likes to make the lather up for me in the bowl:001_smile The other day she asked is she could shave me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom