What's new

Advice on my last brush purchase...simpson...maybe wee scot?

well hopefully my last brush purchase....I managed to only accrue 1 razor in 1.5 years of wetshaving! (merkur HD)

I currently use a tweezerman brush. The specs are hard to find, but I believe the knot is 20-22 mm..

What I am looking for:

I have sensitive skin and hate a brush that feels at all "prickly".

A brush with a smaller knot and possibly smaller loft than my tweezerman, probably in best badger. I only face lather; I need a brush that will work well with creams and soaps (col conk, mitchells wool fat, KMF creams, proraso cream). I am thinking just under 20mm knot and a short loft (under 45?). I am a pretty small guy so even my tweezerman is not quite as maneuverable as I would like. I would rather have a short, compact brush.

Budget- $50 or under would be great, but am willing to go $75 if this is "the one"

After reading up on B & B, I am thinking about purchasing the wee scot...just don't know if it is too small! I like the simpson line....maybe the Case or even Special 1?

any recommendations would be great!

Last edited:
I got a wee scot a couple weeks ago and have used it every day since !! I still love my Rooney 3/1 and Vulfix 374 though. Works extremely well on soaps, feels great , not to small for my hands , I am 6'5".
I highly reccomend the wee scott !!

I know I'm going against the grain for this but I bought a Wee Scot a few weeks ago and I could never warm up to it, it really is small, wish I could shove it back into the gumball machine. I also have the tweezerman I like it but it is a little scruffy. I purchased this brush a few days ago. http://bestgroomingtools.com/black-badger-shaving-brush-16590-vielong-p-1415.html and I really like it. Size it similar to tweezerman little shorter and handle is also a little shorter. The brush is soft but is flexible, not floppy, size is just right, price was resonable and was shipped promptly.
So many brushes, so little time.

I'd also save up for a quality brush, something more in the $120-$200 range. I'd look at something like a Chubby or maybe a Rooney Heritage model.

I think I am leaning toward the Case in best badger as of right now...about $50, so pretty good price point and 18mm knot which may be what I am looking for.

I found the stats on the tweezerman; loft 50mm knot 20-22mm...

Top Bottom