What's new

Help! Cant find YSL Rive Gauche!

Or Guerlain Vetiver or Mugler. Checked all department stores, unfortunately I'm in NC. I want a chance to smell before purchase. Where are they sold...other than online.

Guerlain Vetiver is usually pretty easy to find. Sephora carries it. I've seen it in several department store chains as well. I got mine from a cologne kiosk in a mall.

Good luck with Rive Gauche Pour Homme. I bought mine from the YSL Boutique in Beverly Hills. I've never ever seen it in another retail store. YSL has an odd distribution network. You may only find it online. It's $24 through Amazon.

Both of these designers have odd distribution networks that vary market by market.

Mugler cologne also tough to find in store.

Belk department stores used to carry it. I don't know if they still do.
If they have YSL's Live Jazz, try that also. It's a great summer scent at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
I think that for $24 the Rive Gauche is worth the risk of an online purchase. Worst case you can recover most of the money through BST.

I am thinking about buying the Rive Gauche blind. Amazon (I think) has the best price and qualifies for free shipping.

That's one of the few scents I wouldn't caution about blind buying due to:

A- Price
B- Quality of product and having a real "wet shaver" vibe

I've never seen anyone here or in Basenotes truly loathe RGPH. Some may not lovvvvvve it. But haven't seen any "this is vile!" kind of comments or reviews.

Guerlain Vetiver should be tried first. It's pricier and it may not be everyone's cup of tea. I have it. I like it okay-ish. Don't love it.

Beautyencounter.com has it at $30 for a 4.2 ounce tester. Done business with them several times. Good service and prompt. Order takes about a week to come in.

I agree with Stylin. If you are here on B&B, you'll like the scent.

You'd certainly be able to sell it if you didn't like it.

I picked my Rive Gauche at an exclusive fragrance boutique. If I recall... it was a unique French sounding shop.

Ah yes... it was called WalMart. Though I had to spend big bucks for such a fine scent, I think the $20 was well worth it. :lol:

man vetiver is so cheap where you guys live. i have to pay full retail for my guerlains. same with mugler cologne. rive gauche is cheap in the grey market here.

I picked up on a "rotten egg" note in several trials of YSL Rive Gauche so I would not recommend a blind buy.

don't like it much too. expected something sexy. found the sex in envy and bought that instead. envy can be cloying though. guerlain vetiver and mugler are safer blind but don't like both either. agree with stylinla that they are okay-ish. scnts are very subjective really.

I picked up on a "rotten egg" note in several trials of YSL Rive Gauche so I would not recommend a blind buy.

I was almost convinced to buy this blind from Amazon. Thanks for the warning. I occasionally need to be reminded of the "try before you buy" credo.

I was almost convinced to buy this blind from Amazon. Thanks for the warning. I occasionally need to be reminded of the "try before you buy" credo.

If you read www.basenotes.net there is another member who had the same issue as me. There are many reviews on YSL Rive Gauche over there for you to plow through. Be forewarned, their consensus is that even if you like the scent, it is very linear and gets boring in a hurry. Even though it has a shaving cream vibe, it is still considered an oriental and is not for everyone.

Top Bottom