What's new

Your Thoughts

Hi All. I am new to the world of str8's. I picked up a monsieur charles that uses the personna mini's and have used it for a few weeks. Long enough to realize that i want to purchase a "real" str8 and strop. What are your thoughts on the following razor? It seems to meet the criteria i have gleaned from the forums for a good starter (5/8, full hollow, round, etc). But i wanted to be certain.

http://www.straightrazordesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44&products_id=858

I sincerely appreciate your advice!

It will be a great choice as your first razor. :thumbup1:

The Dovo razors very in pricing, not based upon the quality of the blade, but based upon the material used to make the scales (aka the handle). Fancy scale materials result in a much higher price tag.

It will be a great choice as your first razor. :thumbup1:

The Dovo razors very in pricing, not based upon the quality of the blade, but based upon the material used to make the scales (aka the handle). Fancy scale materials result in a much higher price tag.
I used to think the same way, but yYou can't be 100% sure that this is true because we do not know what types of steel(s) are used, apart from carbon and stainless.
@ OP, Dovo Best quality are nice simple shavers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom