What's new

Handle ideas for the DE89L.

Got my 89L and love it. That being said I am finding I'm having to constantly dry my hands and handle because of the lack of grip (yeah should have gotten the Muhle).

I'm looking for handle ideas for this baby.

Ready...

Set...

Go!!!

What about this handle I had Bob make... See original thread here.

Keep in mind that the Muhle R89 is noticably lighter than the DE89. Bob's handle below is noticably lighter than the R89. You could maybe get him to make handle from brass with knurled pattern for grip. Get it nickel plated and you would be set.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I've just bought a Parker razor that I'm going to put a Muhle head on. It's the only DE handle I've seen that is real buffalo horn.

proxy.php

What about this handle I had Bob make... See original thread here.

Keep in mind that the Muhle R89 is noticably lighter than the DE89. Bob's handle below is noticably lighter than the R89. You could maybe get him to make handle from brass with knurled pattern for grip. Get it nickel plated and you would be set.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is a beautiful razor! :thumbup1:

I think Muhle actually do one, tho it takes a bit of delving in the their site to find it

http://www.muehle-shaving.com/shop/tailor_made_brush/NIL/1/sophist___safety_razor__light_buffalo_horn/99/8/R_42_SR

I could only find a Muhle Mach 3 handle in real horn. I obviously didn't look hard enough. I did however buy a Muhle real horn brush to go with the Parker handle though. It should make a nice set. The Parker was a fair bit cheaper as well. I'll see how well the Parker matches the brush. If it isn't a great match, I'll get a Muhle razor to match the Muhle brush.

Last edited:
Got my 89L and love it. That being said I am finding I'm having to constantly dry my hands and handle because of the lack of grip (yeah should have gotten the Muhle).

I'm looking for handle ideas for this baby.

Ready...

Set...

Go!!!

I am looking into getting Stainless Steel handles made, I'll post pics if I manage to get them done:001_cool:

If you like a heavier handle, you might want to see about getting Bob to make you one of his "Improved" handles. Once I matched this handle to my EJ 89 head, my RAD was cured. (I still use my Slim as my travel razor). See the following website for examples of Bob's work: https://sites.google.com/site/bobsrazorworks/.

By the way, he has earned his reputation for quality work and great customer service.:thumbup:

Best luck on your search for finding the handle that works best for you.

Top Bottom