What's new

Match that scent: "Sure Desert Spice"

15 yrs ago I wore Sure Desert Spice deodorant and really liked it (and...ahem...so did the ladies!). Unfortunately, it was discontinued. When I emailed P&G about it years ago they said that I should try Old Spice. I guess it's a similar scent, but it's not the same.

Anyone else out there use this stuff and can recommend a suitable replacement?

sorry, I'm sure you meant deodorant.

for clarity, doesn't have to be deodorant. if it's AS or something else with a similar scent that's good too.

Desert Spice was great, OS isn't close though. OS is very good but not in the same scent as the Desert Spice was.

F

flilguy

I did a Google search for Sure Desert Spice tonight and found your post, I also have been looking for it or suitable match. I started wearing the product in 1987, and actually had compliments on it's scent. I emailed P&G back in 2008, and they said the product might be brought back to market. In 1990 Procter & Gamble the makers of Sure acquired Old Spice. During the 2000's P&G introduced many forms of deodorant sticks, body washes, and body sprays in several scents under the Old Spice brand. They now have scents called Komodo, Denali, Cyprus, Fiji, just to name a few. I plan to try Old Spice's Komodo first they have over 20 different scents to choose from. http://www.oldspice.com/products/

There is also a product by Unilever called AXE, they have a scent called Phoenix, it's has some of the qualities of Sure's Desert Spice, but it's not the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
15 yrs ago I wore Sure Desert Spice deodorant and really liked it (and...ahem...so did the ladies!). Unfortunately, it was discontinued. When I emailed P&G about it years ago they said that I should try Old Spice. I guess it's a similar scent, but it's not the same.

Anyone else out there use this stuff and can recommend a suitable replacement?
I really miss that “desert spice” I used it for years! I recently emailed Old Spice about possible creating “Desert Spice” scent. I had forgotten that it was Sure deodorant. But I can still remember the smell of it! I hope they or someone would bring it back! Reminds me of my days in the military! And being young!

Top Bottom