Thread: Match that scent: "Sure Desert Spice"

Default Match that scent: "Sure Desert Spice"

15 yrs ago I wore Sure Desert Spice deodorant and really liked it (and...ahem...so did the ladies!). Unfortunately, it was discontinued. When I emailed P&G about it years ago they said that I should try Old Spice. I guess it's a similar scent, but it's not the same.

Anyone else out there use this stuff and can recommend a suitable replacement?

Images

Sorry, I never used Sure Desert Spice, but I use Old Spice and recommend it.
    James

Have a question or problem? PM a Moderator.

Make a donation or become a Contributor to B&B here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/payments.php

thanks. are you saying you use Old Spice AS?

sorry, I'm sure you meant deodorant.

for clarity, doesn't have to be deodorant. if it's AS or something else with a similar scent that's good too.

Desert Spice was great, OS isn't close though. OS is very good but not in the same scent as the Desert Spice was.
    ~Anthony~

Images

Quote Originally Posted by apologeticus View Post
    sorry, I'm sure you meant deodorant.

for clarity, doesn't have to be deodorant. if it's AS or something else with a similar scent that's good too.
    Yeah, I use the deodorant and aftershave.
    James

Have a question or problem? PM a Moderator.

Make a donation or become a Contributor to B&B here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/payments.php

flilguy

Default Reply to the thread: Match that scent: "Sure Desert Spice"

I did a Google search for Sure Desert Spice tonight and found your post, I also have been looking for it or suitable match. I started wearing the product in 1987, and actually had compliments on it's scent. I emailed P&G back in 2008, and they said the product might be brought back to market. In 1990 Procter & Gamble the makers of Sure acquired Old Spice. During the 2000's P&G introduced many forms of deodorant sticks, body washes, and body sprays in several scents under the Old Spice brand. They now have scents called Komodo, Denali, Cyprus, Fiji, just to name a few. I plan to try Old Spice's Komodo first they have over 20 different scents to choose from. http://www.oldspice.com/products/

There is also a product by Unilever called AXE, they have a scent called Phoenix, it's has some of the qualities of Sure's Desert Spice, but it's not the same.
    Last edited by flilguy; 10-15-2011 at 11:15 PM.