What's new

Did anyone here win "VINTAGE STERLING SILVER RAZOR CASE W/GILLETTE RAZOR!"?

proxy.php

I bid pretty high on it but someone obviously wanted it more than I did. Although the listing didn't say it, I think that the razor and case is by Tiffany. The razor is identical to a Tiffany that I have at home. It is missing the top cap but that's just a standard Tuckaway piece. It's a good pick up for someone.

I won that. :001_smile
Was getting close to my max. Would have been higher if it had the cap.
Are you sure it's just a tuckaway cap? Were those sterling? Or is that a part of the razor that wouldn't be?

I can check my Tiffany when I get home tonight but I'm pretty sure it's just a Tuckaway cap. Here's some picks of mine. If you check the inside of the case when you get it, I reckon there will be that magic word. It can be hard to find because it's pretty small but I'm convinced it is. Is that what you thought it was?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry, I forgot to add, I don't think the razor head is sterling silver. I'm not sure about the handle.

I thought it might be, but also thought it odd that the seller would neglect to mention it.
I did (well, still do) have one with the telescoping handle that is not a tiffany. They apparently made some old types like this.

proxy.php

Either way, whether branded Tiffany or not, I think it was well worth the price.

Nice snag, Amish. The one that you just bought looks a little different than the one that John posted a photo of. John's appears to have an entirely smooth handle whereas the one you just bought has some etching on the handle.

Top Bottom