What's new

Your top shave creams/soaps

I was reading a thread elsewhere on this and got to thinking about my top soaps/creams.

These are mine ...............

1. Palmolive shave stick
  2. Erasmic Shave Cream (metal tube made in Jordan)
  3. Tabac Shave Stick
  4. Speick

Palmolive I picked Palmoilive for my #1 as I just can't get enough of this. The biggest selling point for me is the fact that it's cheap and available off the shelf here in the UK, and certainly one of the few products available to us pretty much anywhere. The lather from it is really nice and the scent whilst not being fancy is pretty nice. A really clean and soapy scent that reminds me of my childhood somehow. It seems that every time I visit the local supermarket a stick or two follows me home.

Erasmic The shave cream from Erasmic is a fantastic product. Again it much the pull for me as the Palmolive. Cheap, relatively plentiful and a great lather and scent. I try to keep as much of this on stock as my SWMBO lets me get away with.

Tabac What can I say? Super lather-ability that is pretty much the Gold Standard of shave soaps and a really interesting and manly scent. I have the matching AS and Cologne to this. A really great product.

I was only going to pick three but decided to add in a fourth. That one would be Speick. I would gladly swap this with Tabac if only three soaps/creams were allowed. The lather from the Speick stick is amazing and the scent? my word, the scent is to die for! It almost transports me to the meadows of the Alps. A wonderful product. I just wish it were more widely available.

So what are your top soaps/creams?

1. Boot's Cool Cologne Lather Cream: It is an excellent product and is probably the cheapest on the market at £0.85p for a 125ml tube. It has a nice mild cologne style odour and has a cooling effect on the skin. You only need a tiny amount to create a really creamy lather.

2. Erasmic (in a plastic bowl): This is another bargainous product. Costs me £1.99 and lasts for years. It lathers really well and is kind to my skin. IMHO the odour is very neutral. Can't fault it, was using it for years before I found the Boots cream.

3. Palmolive Classic Cream: Tried this for the first time a few weeks ago and I can't say I got on with it. I just didn't seem to get a lather at the consistency I like. It is cheap enough and has a nice smell. The wife loves this stuff so I am happy for her to use it. It keeps her from raiding my supplies.

Top soap, Williams. No, I'm not trying to provoke the 1,000,000th argument on this. That's my real answer.

Top Cream, Proraso. It's become a habit that when I try a new razor or blade for the first time, this is what I use.

And I've tried several others that I like a lot, none that weren't at least adequate.

Trawlerman,

Soaps: Cella, P160 Morbido & Tabac
Creams: Musgo Real, TOBS Avocado

Have fun !

best regards

Russ

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My current top ten shaving creams:

Castle Forbes Lime Oil,
Castle Forbes Lavender Oil,
T&H Ultimate Comfort,
T&H West Indian Limes,
Trumpers Coconut Oil,
Trumpers Extract of Limes,
Santa Maria Novella,
P.160,
Proraso,
Figaro.

They are 6 UK brands and 4 Italian brands.:thumbup1:

Top Soaps: IK, PS Green Tea, PdP, MWF, and Speick. Runner ups: Palmolive Stick (tallow), Tabac, and Arko.

Creams: Old Spice (India), Musgo Real, TOBS Lavender.

Favorite soaps:
1. Proraso
2. Cade
3. Dr. Harris

Favorite creams:
1. Godrej, Nivea
2. Weleda

Non-Lather cream:
1. St. James
2. Zirh

Castle Forbes Lime and MWF. I could be happy with one cream and one soap for the rest of my time on earth. 'Nuff said.

Top Bottom