What's new

First time DE shaver!

Hey guys,

Today I received my package in the mail, ordered it on the internet in a shop in the netherlands, i'm based in Belgium.

The package contained a merkur 34C, gilette blades, woody's pre-shave and aftershave balm (I really like balms) and Vulfix lavander shavingcream. I already have a cheap brush, I will replace this as soon as possible.

I always had great difficulties shaving, getting razor burn, ingrown hairs, I hope this will solve the problems. First i'm going to try the merkur blade that came with the 34C, after this I will try the gillete blades.

Anyone that has some advice for a first time DE shaver, i have quit a heavy and strong beard. I already watched all of "Mantics" videos on youtube. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B, good to have you with us. Be sure to check out the wiki, and Mantic's video's on shaving. That'll get you going, for any other problems you might run into just ask the members. :thumbup1:

Reading B&B and watching Mantic's videos should be all you need for a good start. Be sure to come back here for any questions or concerns you might have.

So i did it, i shaved myself with the DE, and I absolutely LOVE it. I had no idea about getting a good lather with my cheap brush and this vulfix cream, but it was really awesome, a small dot of cream some drops of water gives a GREAT lather.

Man I really loved the way the lather and brush felt on my skin while prepping. The shave itself went OK, 2 passes with direction and 1 pass against.

Have a few cuts and some razor burn on my chin, this is a difficult area for me to get a clean short shave.

I'm never going back to gilette foam in a can or those fusion blades!

Going ATG your first time was a bold step. You might want to skip that step for a while, until you get the other basics down. Your shaves won't be perfect, but it won't take long until you're getting a great shave...

Welcome to the forum!

Just had my second shave, with the gillete blad instead of the merkur blade.
Jezus christ I really look bad now, full of scuffs and cuts not pretty!

Maybe not the most wise decision after I shaved myself ATG yesterday. Oh well, it will heal. :D

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The only other thing, you might want to consider a razor blade sample pack! Other than that, good luck!

Top Bottom