What's new

New Proglide

So three days into wetshaving with a DE and today I got a free Gillette Proglide Power in the mail. What timing. I guess I will use it to shave my head until I get used to using the DE.

Free is good, but the cartridge is $$$.

Kind of remnids me of those inkjet printers that were so cheap but watch out when you need more ink. That is where they get ya!!!

Hope you are enjoying your DE :thumbup:

Yeah I was using the Fusion before. I sure like this handle much better than the Fusion. I could always just use the handle with the Fusion cartridges. Just till I start using the DE on my head. I am a little apprehensive about that. We'll see.

Free is good, but the cartridge is $$$.

Kind of remnids me of those inkjet printers that were so cheap but watch out when you need more ink. That is where they get ya!!!

Hope you are enjoying your DE :thumbup:

Freebie Marketing, AKA the Razor and blades business model created by Mr. Gillette himself with the introduction of the DE.

I got one in the mail, opened the shipping carton, looked at the razor, and then put it back in the shipping carton. I think I may hold on to it for 25-30 years and sell it as NOS. :lol:

Well, you're doing the right thing if you're gonna headshave with this proglide. It's the best headshaving razor I've ever tried. Hands down, end of story. Kojak would have been freaked out by this thing. Five blades is overkill, Gillette charges too much for carts, Procter and Gamble is ruining a fine company.... Yap.... All the arguments. But at the end of the day, the Proglide is a headshaving MACHINE. Worth the money or not, I'm the guy at the Walmart checkout counter plunking down four bucks for another cart. (Wishing they were cheaper of course). Take a pass on the new chemicals (heated preshave crapola and aftershave balm). Take a pass on the gadgety "power" version. But take a headshave with the proglide. It's a dandy. :thumbup:

I got the free Proglide too, seems like a good alternative when I don't want to spend the time on wetshaving.. :p

Its a great razor, and seems very similar to the Fusion, but with better precision.

When did everyone send out for the proglide? I'm a little nervous.. I sent out last week. I think I did it correctly. So I'm unsure.. But I'm expecting a different Gillette in the mail tomorrow from a different century. I would hate to receive the proglide too.. I wouldn't know which one to use. I'm growing a beard for my new razor.. HELP!!!

It does seem to work real nice on my head. I don't know if it is better than the Fusion but I like the handle better. I will hopefully start using the DE on my head soon after I get my face used to it.

I got one in the mail, opened the shipping carton, looked at the razor, and then put it back in the shipping carton. I think I may hold on to it for 25-30 years and sell it as NOS. :lol:

And who do you think is going to want to buy it? By then, the unwashed masses will be mindlessly using Gillette's latest and greatest 12 blade cartridge, and those of use who haven't drunk the Kool-Aid will still be using a single good blade. :lol:

Top Bottom