What's new

deodorant/anti-persperant names

I have a real problem with non descriptive names for different scents. I normally buy Lynx deodorant in an aerosol can here in Australia. But names used by Lynx have me guessing.

The Lynx deodorant I normally buy is "Africa". I'd call it an OK kind of smell but unless you were already using it you wouldn't know what "Africa" smells like. Plus I have no idea what the others in the Lynx range smell like. I don't know what to make of names like "Pulse" and "Voodoo".

Am I showing my age? I'll be 47 in July. But heaven help me if Lynx stops making the Africa deodorant.

I use Mitchum gel deodorant because I think it is the most effective one that washes off when I take a shower. I get worried about those that can't wash off.

I have wondered if it was named after the old Hollywood tough guy Robert Mitchum.

I picked up a stick of this upon reading your recommendation. I remember not liking gel deodorants when I was a teenager, but this stuff rocks! Throwing the Old Spice Red Zone in the trash and not looking back. Plus, it's cheap, I got the stick for under $2.50 at Target.

I picked up a stick of this upon reading your recommendation. I remember not liking gel deodorants when I was a teenager, but this stuff rocks! Throwing the Old Spice Red Zone in the trash and not looking back. Plus, it's cheap, I got the stick for under $2.50 at Target.

I picked some up as well. I've heard about Mitchum for awhile and gave it a try. Works well, maybe a bit better than the Right Guard 3D I was using. Old Spice never did jack for me, same with Degree.

Top Bottom