What's new

Suggestions on replacing my shaving brush

I am looking to replace my Vulfix 849 pure badger brush after about 5 years use. Knowing no different I have used it as a face lathering brush with Palmolive Soap Stick. Most of the hair loss has come from the centre and now it has not the density and is floppy to say the least.

Since finding B&B I have moved to lathering in a bowl with TOBS and Spieck creams using a Fatboy with Feather blades.

I tend to buy and use something until its dead therefore want to make this buy the right choice so would appreciate any input as to the most appropraite brush.

So far I am considering Vulfix 660S super badger but concerned about hair loss that occurred in my current Vulfix. Also the Kent B4 - is it reeeeally that floppy? I'm reading Rooney and Simpsons are very dense - is that a problem for creams?

What do you reckon?

Thanks

Try a small Turkish horse brush (the one with the wooden handle) from store34 on the Bay. Great for face lathering with stick.

Innes, you should consider reknotting that Vulfix. Easy, fun and will put an old friend back in service.

Check out the restoration threads here...most are done of much older handles but restoring your "classic" should be a great project.

Top Bottom