What's new

Make Your Own Acrylic Scales

Well, in my never ending search for local materials, I stumbled on a shop that does acrylic work. I want to see if any of you guys would be interisted in purchasing some 1 1/4in x 7in strips of acrylic.They are all 1/8 thick. I would sell them to you guys at the price that I pay. And I will only ship USPS Priority Small Flat Rate($4.85)

The total price for once set of blank scale material is $4.25 They are charging me for the piece of material and the time to cut. I think it is a decent deal as the closest I have found is HERE and you are only getting (1) 1x6 piece. And there shipping is over $5

So from me, you are getting (2) 1 1/4 x 7 in pieces, if you buy a few sets at a time, it leaves you with enough material and diffrent colors to make a wedge.

Now to the mods, I apologize if what I am doing is wrong, I figured this would be a good place to put this, as I am not turning a profit, just trying to pass along a deal. If there is a problem, please let me know.

If you guys are interisted, please let me know, you can pm me with a list of the colors and quantity you would like. I am usually in that area on mondays, so if you let me know what you want by sunday, I can pick stuff up and ship it that same day for you.

Here are the colors, they also have yellow brown, grey, all in solid and transparent. They have other colors and are always getting in diffrent stuf, so ill post up new things as they get them.

proxy.php

Here are the transparents

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Sweet deal I often hesitate to buy big sheets because I dont want to be stuck with too much of the same thing. :thumbup1:

Hey Nerdman,
That's a hell of a deal. I'm looking for some scales for a couple of my own razors and a few I'll be selling so I'm looking for a variety. I have a DD Satin Wedge that I'm looking for something nice but not loud. I kinda like the color Ivory but not sure what color would look good, but different, not showy, for the wedge..........got any ideas?

BTW, very nice idea you have doing this for fellow members, this is a good community to be a part of. Been a member for 1 1/2 years and have received a lot of help from other members, we all help each other out when one needs help, fine bunch of folks here. Thanks again for the jesture, I'm sure you'll move a lot of materal with a deal like this.

Hey Nerdman,
That's a hell of a deal. I'm looking for some scales for a couple of my own razors and a few I'll be selling so I'm looking for a variety. I have a DD Satin Wedge that I'm looking for something nice but not loud. I kinda like the color Ivory but not sure what color would look good, but different, not showy, for the wedge..........got any ideas?

BTW, very nice idea you have doing this for fellow members, this is a good community to be a part of. Been a member for 1 1/2 years and have received a lot of help from other members, we all help each other out when one needs help, fine bunch of folks here. Thanks again for the jesture, I'm sure you'll move a lot of materal with a deal like this.

Thanks bud, Im no pro here, but i believe that the ivory will work well with pretty much any color wedge that you go with.

So your saying you will ship one piece of 1-1/4 x 7 x 1/8 acrylic for $9.10?

No, I meant to say 2 pieces, i just edited the post. it is 2 pieces, enough for a set of scales. Im not saying it's the deal of the century here, its just something that I found locally, and i know there a lot of people like myself trying to get some material to make our own stuff. My hope is that people will take advantage of the flat rate box and get more than 1 set. The owner of the business said he may be willing to go down on price if we buy enough material. Now,I can probably buy some small padded envelopes and ship em first class, that maybe much better and cheaper for the people that only want 1 or 2 sets.

Like I said, im not doing this to turn a profit, I found some material locally and i figured id offer it to anyone that wants it. Im not making anything, infact if you want to get technical, im losing money on fuel and time packaging the stuff, but I dont care about that, this is about having fun and helping eachother out, so if i can help someone buy passing on a deal or maybe not a deal, it.s all to try and help.

Last edited:
If anyone is interisted please pm me, I bought a few bubble wrapped envelopes, so I can ship t you guys frist class:thumbup1: That way shipping will be much less. I can load em up with as many sets you like, as long as they do not go over 13oz. let me know guys!! thanks.

You guys need to take Nerdman up on this offer. This guy shipped the acrylic to me before I even sent the payment and yesterday was the first time he had ever talked to me! Great to work with.
I'm off to send the payment now.
Thanks again!

You guys need to take Nerdman up on this offer. This guy shipped the acrylic to me before I even sent the payment and yesterday was the first time he had ever talked to me! Great to work with.
I'm off to send the payment now.
Thanks again!

Thanks man! Hope you enjoy the acrylic, you got enough to keep you busy for a while!! Make sure to post up some work! Thanks again!

This thread deserves major Bumpage.

I got some pieces of this stuff and it looks great! (Thx Nerdman)

I am really looking forward to using it on some razors I am restoring.

Great price too!
:lol::lol::lol:

would you consider shipping some to Canada? I'm looking at making some scales and since I don't have all the tools to go with wood I was thinking acrylic. Having a hell of a time finding anything here.

would you consider shipping some to Canada? I'm looking at making some scales and since I don't have all the tools to go with wood I was thinking acrylic. Having a hell of a time finding anything here.

Yes, I do not see why I would not be able to. It would just be a different shipping charge and also just a little more time at the post office.

Top Bottom