What's new

Allen Edmonds Park Ave.

TheShaun

Bejeweled
Yes, most of us know this shoe. Yes, the reviews are glowing. Should one own these shoes, probably. But the one thing I was unable to find info on was how these hold up to walking. I walk to and from the office about 20 minutes each way. And if purchased would wear these 2-3 times per week. With the current shoes I've been purchasing I get about 10-12 months. But these are not $300+ shoes. Wondering how long these might hold up before needing to be sent in for a refurbishing.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Yes, most of us know this shoe. Yes, the reviews are glowing. Should one own these shoes, probably. But the one thing I was unable to find info on was how these hold up to walking. I walk to and from the office about 20 minutes each way. And if purchased would wear these 2-3 times per week. With the current shoes I've been purchasing I get about 10-12 months. But these are not $300+ shoes. Wondering how long these might hold up before needing to be sent in for a refurbishing.

My experience with AE is that they are holding much better up than any other shoes I owned, but then, they can be re-soled or even totally re-crafted if needed (I have three pairs that were re-crafted, one was over ten years old).

I don't own any AE shoes but the ones I tried on at Nordstroms felt pretty stiff, which leads me to believe that the construction is pretty tough and can withstand quite a bit of abuse

AE are worth every penny

If you have any concerns, get sized and then purchase seconds form the factory store. I own 4 pairs of AE shoes, 2 pairs were factory seconds. I saved 20% and the blemishes were miniscule--one had glue on the bottom of the sole, the other had a small stain on the leather on the bottom of the sole. When I say the bottom of the sole, I literally mean the bottom of the sole--the part that meets the pavement.

I own 3 pairs of AEs in EEE. For walking i might look at their rubber soled versions, or just be aware that you'll probably need to get the heel "crescent" reinforced after a while, to offset the wear.

My experience with AE is that they are holding much better up than any other shoes I owned, but then, they can be re-soled or even totally re-crafted if needed (I have three pairs that were re-crafted, one was over ten years old).

I don't put as many miles on my Park Avenues as you will, but they are pretty durable.

Can't say enough about Rudy's post. This is a company that will stand behind their product and take great pride in refurbishing them if you wear them down.

I like Ecco shoes too, but the treatment on the sole of those is such that when they wear out, they are done.

I bought some AE shoes when I was working in NYC and traveled to Milwaukee on business. They are 25 years old!!!:w00t: And look great to this day. Without a doubt, I think AE makes the best product.

:thumbup:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I bought some AE shoes when I was working in NYC and traveled to Milwaukee on business. They are 25 years old!!!:w00t: And look great to this day. Without a doubt, I think AE makes the best product.

:thumbup:

My oldest pair is well over 15 years old. I was lucky to travel from time to time to the little town they are made in, and every time I went there, a visit to AE was a must. Surely, I always picked up a pair of shoes, or two or three...

if you were to join Style type forums for clothing etc. you would see that 2 shoes that are held up as the best are Alden and Allen Edmunds.

I went from telecommuting to back in office so had to pick up shoes. Back when I wore suits i wore J&M's but learned alot of companies went to china and the quality is no longer what it was.

AE executive styles are what i would reccomend. Looks like a wooden sole but it is rubber --thus all weather and Confortable. I picked these up on a special at the AE outlet-- and they are sooo comfortable. Brand new walked 20 NYC blocks and 5 Aves back and forth.

I love the adlers too, but they are very expensive (handmade) but also a very comfortable shoe. I got a blacjk pair double (wooden) soles.

I think on the A&E's you can see if they are recraftable--So thought these shoes are expensive the TCO over the 20 years or lifetime of ownership is probably less expensive. But add in the comfort factor the shine and quality and there is no way I will go back to other shoes.

People rate these much higher than cole haans , other popular shoes. Note: I have no cushioning in my feet, big dude and shoes are VERY important to me to be comfortable.

AE executive http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonlin...Shoe+Last=&currentpage=1&pageView=image&sort=

Alden: http://www.aldenshop.com/

gluck!!!

where do you buy the factory seconds?

I generally just call AE and ask to be transferred to the store and ask what seconds they have in stock. The AE website can probably direct you there. If not, PM me and I'll see if I have the number in my contacts at work.

Top Bottom