What's new

Aftermarket Barrel for my Glock 35.

Not only will you need the barrel, but you'll also need a 9mm magazine as well. Besides that, in order to get it to function reliably, you may wind up putting in new recoil springs, extractor assemblies, ejector assemblies, etc, and even then it may never be as reliable as the factory gun.

If you intend to shoot 9mm as your primary caliber from now on or to use this as your home defense or carry gun, I suggest that you just go out and buy another Glock in 9mm or trade your current one for a 9mm Glock. In fact, I'd shy away from the conversion in general as it doesn't seem to be an easy switch back and forth for everyone.

If you want cheap practice ammo, consider a .22 conversion kit instead. I'm not sure if they make one for the G35, but even compared to 9mm, .22LR is essentially free.

I own a Glock 35 .40 Cal. Im in the market for a drop in 9mm barrel for it. They aren't too expensive about $99.00 and-$150.00 and 9mm is so much cheaper to shoot it would eventually pay for its self.

How does a gun pay for its self?

Not only will you need the barrel, but you'll also need a 9mm magazine as well. Besides that, in order to get it to function reliably, you may wind up putting in new recoil springs, extractor assemblies, ejector assemblies, etc, and even then it may never be as reliable as the factory gun.

If you intend to shoot 9mm as your primary caliber from now on or to use this as your home defense or carry gun, I suggest that you just go out and buy another Glock in 9mm or trade your current one for a 9mm Glock. In fact, I'd shy away from the conversion in general as it doesn't seem to be an easy switch back and forth for everyone.

If you want cheap practice ammo, consider a .22 conversion kit instead. I'm not sure if they make one for the G35, but even compared to 9mm, .22LR is essentially free.

Agreed.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you are mostly likely going to have a different point of impact on your targets for your sights. Maybe the difference is only 2" at 25 yards. Maybe it's more.
Something to keep in mind.

I think it's the perfect excuse to buy a whole new glock.
Just keep thinking:
-"It will pay for itself" :lol:

+1 I have tried the conversions before, did not like it. I carry a g23 for cc. Shoot Winchester White Box at the range. For extended range sessions I just bring along the Ruger Mk II. It is fun to shoot and ammo is fairly cheep.

I also own a Springfield XD 9mm and a Springfield Operator 1911 .45 so no need to get another gun. Although I would like to buy a .22 pistol sometime.

And i mean that the price to shoot 9mm is so much cheaper it will pay for the barrel....I did not mean the gun. :001_rolle

I also own a Springfield XD 9mm...

Yup, theres ya problem right thar...
Sell it and buy a 9mm Glock. A Glock-19 would be a great carry gun, a Glock-17 is also a good carry gun and a good IDPA gun, and the Glock-34 (Same size as your 35) is pretty much a dedicated tactical/competition pistol.

My suggestion would be a 19 for carry, and a 17 for everything else.

I'd also consider selling one gun to buy a 9mm Glock.

I'm a little funny about modifying guns, since your life can depend on it. I believe in leaving them stock aside from swapping grips or changing sights. I don't want to modify the mechanical parts since the factory engineers know better than I do. I'm the same way with cars. If I wanted something faster, I'd buy a faster car.

Also agreed on .22. The smallest calibre I have is a 9mm which costs a lot less to shoot than the .45s. But a .22 would let me shoot a lot more often.

Yup, theres ya problem right thar...
Sell it and buy a 9mm Glock. A Glock-19 would be a great carry gun, a Glock-17 is also a good carry gun and a good IDPA gun, and the Glock-34 (Same size as your 35) is pretty much a dedicated tactical/competition pistol.

My suggestion would be a 19 for carry, and a 17 for everything else.

WHAT! I love my XD! Its a great gun and love all the features. However the finish on it has much to be desired. Scratches easily and starting to rust. Nothing beats a Glock's Tennifer finish.

If I was gonna buy a new gun I would probably get a Sig, FN, or HK just to add to my collection. :001_smile

WHAT! I love my XD! Its a great gun and love all the features. However the finish on it has much to be desired. Scratches easily and starting to rust. Nothing beats a Glock's Tennifer finish.

If I was gonna buy a new gun I would probably get a Sig, FN, or HK just to add to my collection. :001_smile

Forget HK. I got rid of mine. Too finicky w/ ammo. Over priced.

I have 4 Sigs amongst others (I know, AD:biggrin1:) shoot 1-2 times per week, and can't remember my last failure.

BY THE WAY, I load my own for practice.

I also agree w/ the majority who say don't mess w/ your Glock 35. Invest in a press and a few dies. That can be fun too. You can't imagine how much I've saved over the years. especially now.

I also own a Springfield XD 9mm and a Springfield Operator 1911 .45 so no need to get another gun. Although I would like to buy a .22 pistol sometime.

And i mean that the price to shoot 9mm is so much cheaper it will pay for the barrel....I did not mean the gun. :001_rolle

I have your solution, just by a new 9mm and shoot more, then the gun will pay for itself faster, and you won't have to deal with a dodgy conversion!! :thumbup1:

For some reason my wife never understands my gun purchasing logic :001_huh:

Where is our very own resident gunsmith/range master/moderator/all-round-fine-fellow SlagleRock? :biggrin1: I imagine he would have some sage advice on such matters as this (or at least some humorous anecdote!) :thumbup1:

Top Bottom